A flaky soft, puff pastry base, topped with a goat cheese mixed with herbs & garlic, and featuring some gorgeous NatureSweet Eclipses (tomatoes), then sprinkled with parsley & parmesan.YUM!!
Isn’t this GORGEOUS? Don’t you just want to GRAB the whole thing and devour it? Yes. So did my husband. I ate one slice of this, and went to another room briefly. Returned, and found the empty plate on the counter.
Yes, I should have been pleased that the plate wasn’t left on the table, but I was still bummed I couldn’t get a second (let’s be honest, 3rd and 4th) slice of this beauty!
A flaky crust baked up with some cheese, then topped goat cheese, then with these gorgeous flavored NatureSweet Eclipses, and a little parsley and parmesan… ahhhhh.
Look at these pretty tomatoes!! They’re an unusual dark color, but omg, the flavor is unbelievable. They taste like the ones my dad used to (probably still does, actually) grow in the back yard. Super fresh and delicious.
Simple ingredients – maximum flavor
Just a few excellent quality ingredients, and about 20 minutes, and this is yours!
I used to really only eat fresh tomatoes in the summer, when I feel like the tomatoes have the best flavor. Ever notice that although you can get them in the store in winter time, they don’t taste as good?
Not so with Eclipses!! See below for why!
Here’s a little visual…
About NatureSweet Eclipses:
I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to try the NatureSweet Eclipses.
They’re one-of-its-kind dark shade tomatoes, that are greenhouse grown (letting them maintain their deep flavor all year long!), vine-ripened and boast premium freshness and deep flavor.
They’re great for slicing and eating right there in your kitchen, and available in the produce section of select stores in Phoenix and Tucson.
Check them out right here!
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese , finely grated
- 5 oz goat cheese , softened
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend
- 4 NatureSweet Eclipse tomatoes ,sliced
- ½ cup Italian parsley , chopped roughly
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese , shaved
- Salt & pepper
- Thaw the pastry sheets until softened, but still cold.
Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place your pastry sheet on either a stoneware baking sheet, or on a parchment lined sheet.
- Use a rolling pin to gently flatten the pastry so it is smooth.
- Cut strips from all 4 sides of each pastry sheet, and brush the pastry with egg.
- Add the strips back to the edges of the pastry sheet, and press them down to adhere
- Prick entire surface with a fork.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Mix together the goat cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning, and smear over entire surface of the pastry.
- Top with NatureSweet Eclipse tomatoes, and sprinkle with parsley and extra parmesan.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut into slices.
Pin for later