This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A delicious, crockpot rotisserie chicken, that is fall-apart tender and juicy. Just season the chicken, set it in the crockpot, and serve later!
Here in Phoenix, it’s hot. Like, really hot. While the rest of the USA (especially in the North – sorry about your snow) is still cold, and eagerly awaiting Spring – we’re already in shorts, t-shirts and flipflops I mean “jandals” for the New Zealanders, “thongs” for the Australians.
We’re not even close to summer yet, so this is NOT boding well for us! It’s in the 90s most days, so when I get home – I don’t want to heat the house up with a stove or oven cooked meal.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Easy Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken #dinner #chicken #recipe #kylecooks #yum” quote=”Easy Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken #dinner #chicken #recipe #kylecooks #yum”]
Insteads we eat salads, cereal, or use the barbecue to cook. And while that is fun, it doesn’t always cut it for what I feel like eating.
This weekend, I decided to just use the crockpot to make dinner. Since a lot of crockpot recipes require less than the 11 hours that I am away from home, I mainly use it on the weekends so things don’t dry out or burn. Simple ingredients, you probably already have them!
Another technique we’ve used is to cook things overnight and let it cool in the fridge, ready for reheating later.
I cooked this for 3 hours on high (my crockpot runs hot – yours might take the full 4 hours). This Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken is fall apart tender, and juicy.
I pulled it apart and we have been eating on it for several meals, in sandwiches/quesadillas and for a cold dinner with salad. YUM!
Want more chicken? Of course you do!
Easy Crockpot "Rotisserie" Style Chicken
- Rinse the chicken and remove the "bits" from the cavity. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine all of dried spices. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken, and sprinkle some into the cavity.
- Pack the onion and garlic into the cavity.
- Optional - squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast-side down into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 7-8.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and slice.