This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A rich, tasty crockpot chili that is easy to prepare and cooked all day. No long list of ingredients, you probably have them all in your pantry already!
This really NEEDS a good long stay in the crockpot, in order to blend all the flavors properly. I LOVE making this chili – it’s so easy, makes a LOT (so plenty to freeze for later – chili dogs? a quick lunch?)Love this? Tweet it!!
If you’re looking for a healthier version, switch out the ground beef for turkey, and add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the mix. The cocoa powder makes it taste richer, and more meaty – I challenge your family to tell the difference between this version and the turkey!
Kylee’s notes for Crockpot Chili
- Whenever “chili powder” appears in a recipe, it refers to a chili powder BLEND, not pure ground chilies.
- You can skip the browning step of the ground beef, but I think it adds a better flavor to the finished dish
- Stir some fresh cilantro through it at the end of cooking for a fresh burst of flavor!
- Mix up the types of beans used. I use kidney, black, pinto, cannellini, and even garbanzo beans. Whatever you have!
- Want to dial up the heat? Add some crushed chili flakes with the other spices
Want more Crockpot ideas? Of course you do!
Chunky Crockpot Chili
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped (about a cup)
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed (or kidney beans)
- 1 14oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbs prepared chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown the beef and onion in a large pan at a medium-high heat until beef is browned, and onion is tender. Drain and discard fat.
- Place beef and onions, and all remaining ingredients in the crockpot.
- Stir, cover and cook on for 6-8 hours or until flavors are well blended.
- Serve with cornbread, in a tortilla, or in a bowl topped with cheese, sour cream.