This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Cooked low and slow, this EASY Slow Cooker Chicken Chili cooks all day. Come home to the smell of deliciousness. Simple ingredients you probably already have, this is a family winner!
It’s supposed to be “Fall”, but I live in Arizona, so that’s probably not going to happen for another month or two. However, I’ve been dying to dig out the crockpot for some easy dinners for us. H is now 22 months old, and when we get home – there’s not a lot of time between then and needing dinner on the table.
While I do love to cook, I’d much prefer to hang with him than spend time in the kitchen. That’s where prep ahead, freezer meals, and crockpots come in. A problem I have with a lot of recipes out there is that the cooking time is “short”. By that, I mean 6 hours or less. That simply doesn’t work for our family. I leave the house at 6:30am and don’t return until 4:30pm.
THIS recipe, takes 10 hours on low. PERFECT! Prep the night before, turn it on as you leave the house, and come home to a lovely smelling house.
This is popular with everyone in my house! We actually served it on some corn chips, melted some cheese over the top and kind of made chili-nachos. YUM!
Want more slow cooker/crockpot recipes? Of course you do!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 16 oz black beans canned - drained and rinsed
- 16 oz kidney beans canned - drained and rinsed
- 8 oz tomato sauce canned
- 10 oz corn kernels
- 29 oz diced tomatoes with chilies (or two cans of regular tomatoes with 2 cans of chopped green chillies)
- 2 Tbs taco seasoning
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs prepared chili powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Toppings: cheese sour cream, cilantro
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker
- Place chicken on top and cover
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours
- Half an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in
- Serve with toppings of your choice (we put ours on top of tortilla chips, added cheese, and broiled until the cheese melted, then sprinkled chopped cilantro and a dollop of sour cream)