This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make your own almond butter! Skip the store bought, get out your food processor, and watch the magic!
Almond butter is expensive, but it’s SO delicious and is a great alternative to those allergic to peanuts. (Although, if you’re allergic to almonds, this won’t be a great recipe for you. Just saying). There are many things in my pantry that I know I can make at home, and this is no exception. Since having the little guy, we have been a little more conscious of what we eat, since he copies everything we do. That means – if we eat processed food and junk, so will he.
So we just do it when he’s in bed. You guys, it’s sooooo neat to see this come together! In case you run out of ideas besides eating it with a spoon, or spreading on toast… go check out my Almond Butter Cookies.
- 2 lb unsalted plain almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer, and bake for 10-15 minutes, mixing them around a couple of times during roasting.
- With the motor running on your food processor, pour handfuls at a time through the food chute. It will look a lot like almond meal first up. Keep going!
- Eventually, it will go from almond meal, to a more butter-like consistency. Use a spatula every minute or so to scrape down the edges.