This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A super-fast weeknight dinner, this Ham Tetrazzini is a spin on the traditional version and is sure to please the whole family.
This Tetrazzini recipe is a super-fast dinner, that takes about 10 minutes to make. TEN MINUTES! While your pasta cooks, you’ll prepare the sauce, then combine the two. Voila!
FALL IS HERE! Warm up on a crisp fall day with a delicious and simple meal.
I love comfort food, as the weather turns colder (please let it get under 70F in Phoenix soon!), and there’s nothing like a big ol’ bowl of pasta to share with my family.
I’m going to level with you (like always): My life isn’t an Instagram photo, I am absolutely not a Pinterest mom. Even though, yes, I cook and write for a living – I’m a busy mama, and I don’t always plan my meals ahead. I like to eat good food, so keeping staples around means we always have a great dinner anytime, anywhere, at any moment!
This is a great alternative to Turkey Tetrazzini, and uses up leftovers!
Using a few shortcuts is my jam on a weeknight, but there is no need to sacrifice taste OR quality.
Why this recipe works:
- Easy to make. No culinary degree required.
- Common ingredients. Nothing fancy, you can find everything at your local grocery store. This recipe uses up leftover ham!
- Quick! You can have this on the table very fast (like, 10 minutes)
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
Any kind of pasta can be used – whatever you have in the pantry is AWESOME!
Switch out the cream of chicken soup for cheddar cheese soup, or cream of mushroom soup if you prefer.
Add a little more water depending on your needs – mix the pasta in and assess the situation!
Use a yellow or white onion in place of the red (I like the red for color!)
What to do with leftovers
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat to piping hot!
This is an overview. The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Pasta – any kind will do! Spaghetti is my favorite in this, but whatever you have will work just fine!
- Onion – cut this to a medium dice.
- Garlic – mince it! (double it if you are feeling like you need a little extra garlic in your life)
- Cream of chicken soup – buy it or make your own. You do you. See below for alternative.
- Cheddar cheese – switch it up and use pepper jack or Monterey. Mm. Cheese.
- Cubed ham – versatile, high in protein, delicious. Use leftover ham from a holiday, or just pick up a pack from the grocery store.
- Roasted red peppers – I buy these in a jar, and just dice them up. Pimentos work too!
- Parsley – optional, but see that burst of green? So pretty.
How to make Ham Tetrazzini:
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
Cook the pasta
Begin by boiling a pot of water and add a little salt. Cook the spaghetti according to package – we like it al dente (still firm to the bite, but not crunchy) (Pic 1).
Make the sauce
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion ’til it begins to soften, then add the garlic (Pics 2-4).
Add the chicken soup, water, and cheddar cheese, and mix it around until the cheese melts (Pics 5-8).
Add the ham, drained pasta, roasted red peppers and the parsley (Pics 9-10).
Mix it all together gently. Cook and stir to allow the ham to heat through. Allow the ham to heat (Pics 11-12).
DEVOUR: Grab a fork, people, it’s dinner time!
Want more Easy Pasta Recipes?
Chili Mac with Turkey. We’re bringing childhood back! Lightened-up with turkey vs beef, and made in one pan – this one is a family favorite!
Skillet Mac & Cheese. Comfort food at its finest, this skillet mac & cheese is so easy! Just the skillet and a pasta pot, the and a quick broil, and this is ready FAST!
Florentine Chicken Lasagna Rolls Spinach, garlic, and cheese are all winners for this weeknight dinner! Delicious homemade Alfredo sauce is the key to these!
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion until it begins to soften, then add the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds.
- Mix in cream of chicken soup, water cheese.
- Cook, stirring regularly until the cheese melts.
- Add the ham, spaghetti, and the parsley/roasted red peppers (if usinand mix well.
- Cook until everything is heated through. Serve.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.