Everyone came to the table ready to EAT!
Want more Crockpot Meals?? Of course you do!
Slow Cooker Red Beans & Rice
Slow cooked to perfection, this Red Beans and Rice recipe is smoky, hearty, and full of warm flavors. Perfect for Winter and Fall!
- 1 lb dried red beans rinsed and sorted
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 ribs celery chopped
- 7 oz smoked boneless pork chops diced into ½-inch cubes (smoked ham steaks would work too)
- 12 oz smoked sausage cut in half lengthwise and sliced into ½” thick slices
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp creole seasoning can omit if you like
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Put all ingredients (except rice) in your crockpot. Add (about) 6 cups of water, enough to cover contents with about half an inch of water.
- Stir well, cover, and cook on high 8 hours or low 10 hours.
- About an hour before serving, use a potato masher to mash some of the beans, stir, and cook an hour longer.
- Before serving, taste beans and add extra seasoning to taste.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve beans in bowls over the cooked rice.