This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Everyone came to the table ready to EAT!
Want more Crockpot Meals?? Of course you do!
Slow Cooker Red Beans & Rice
- 1 lb dried red beans rinsed and sorted
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 ribs celery chopped
- 7 oz smoked boneless pork chops diced into ½-inch cubes (smoked ham steaks would work too)
- 12 oz smoked sausage cut in half lengthwise and sliced into ½” thick slices
- 1 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp creole seasoning can omit if you like
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Put all ingredients (except rice) in your crockpot. Add (about) 6 cups of water, enough to cover contents with about half an inch of water.
- Stir well, cover, and cook on high 8 hours or low 10 hours.
- About an hour before serving, use a potato masher to mash some of the beans, stir, and cook an hour longer.
- Before serving, taste beans and add extra seasoning to taste.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve beans in bowls over the cooked rice.