This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Ever see Gordon Ramsey’s Kitchen Nightmares? In one of them, there are twin guys who own a restaurant and stand out the front shouting “HOMEMADE MEATBALLS” to the traffic. I keep hearing those guys in my head when I think about this recipe… In the interest of streamlining my evenings, I spent a few hours making these for the freezer.
Most of them even made it in there! These are awesome for a quick meal (throw them in some marinara sauce, cook some pasta and HELLO DINNER!)
- Shape into 1- to 1 1/2-inch meatballs, around each piece of frozen mozzarella. Seal meatballs well to keep the cheese from oozing out. (I didn’t do so awesome at this)
- Place meatballs close together on lightly greased broiler pans or rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool meatballs. See … mine oozed!!
- Flash freeze, then add them to a ziplock bag ready for whenever you need 6, 12 or 20 of them!
- 6 lb lean ground beef
- 15 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 3 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup onion diced finely
- 2 Tbs garlic minced
- 1 Tbs salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Remove string cheese from wrappers and cut each string into 8 equal pieces. Place in a large bowl or 1 gallon freezer bag and freeze until it is time to form meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 500F.
- Using your hands, thoroughly combine beef, breadcrumbs, milk, eggs, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.