This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Making a big batch of crockpot marinara sauce is so easy, and means you’ll have your very own homemade sauce, whenever you need it.
I throw this together on a Friday night, then can it on Saturday morning, or simply freeze it in ziplock bags or plastic tubs.
I particularly like to make my own – I like to know that what I put in it is ALL that is in it.
I throw this together on a Friday night, then can it on Saturday morning, or simply freeze it in ziplock bags or plastic tubs. It’s then ready to be used in any number of recipes, or simply tossed with your favorite pasta!
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Marinara Sauce (Crockpot)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook the onions until soft (don’t brown).
- Spoon the onions into the crockpot, and add the tomatoes, water (if using) and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on low all day, or overnight (I do mine for about 10 hours) then
- use a blender or immersion stick blender to make it smooth.
- Serve over pasta, or freeze in 2 cup portions, or can in jars