This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A delicious lasagna that is made in a cast iron skillet. This weeknight winner pleases the whole family!
Yippee! Another weeknight winner! I know it’s summer, but we’ve been hit with some monsoon weather and flooding, and I’m in mood for some homestyle cooking!
Want more easy meals? Of course you do!
Easy One Skillet Lasagna
- 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 23 oz jar Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated mozzarella divided
- 8 pieces lasagna noodles each broken into 4 or 5(you can use no-boil, but cook it for slightly less time)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute 5-6 mins til onion is soft.
- Add the ground beef and cook 4-5 mins until no longer pink.
- Add the Ragu sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally around 5-6 mins.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, parsley, and some salt/pepper
- Transfer 2/3 of the meat sauce to a bowl, leaving 1/3 the sauce in the skillet
- Lay half the noodles over the sauce in the skillet, spoon half the cottoage cheese mixture over the noodles, sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella, then repeat with sauce, noodles, cottage cheese,1/2 cup mozzarella and last 1/3 of the sauce.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake until the noodles are tender, 25 to 30 mins.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining 1cup mozzarella and bake or broil until the top gets brown and delicious.
- Remove from the oven, and let it rest a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and devour.