This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This arugula salad is the one you’ve been looking for! Peppery arugula mixed with bright tomatoes, parmesan, and dressed with fresh lemon vinaigrette. Perfection!
This salad recipe is one of my favorites. It’s the perfect side dish for any kind of protein and goes well with pretty much anything. Think grilled chicken, fish or shrimp. It goes just as well alongside big fat juicy steak with Twice Baked Potatoes on the side!
It’s one of those no-brainer salads to me. I add fresh baby arugula to a bowl, cut up some tomatoes, grab my bowl and whisk and make a vinaigrette dressing. I then finish with salt and pepper and parmesan.
Then I devour it. This recipe should serve 4, but every time I halve the recipe for The Husband and me, I end up using the rest of the bag of arugula and quickly making more dressing. I’m at the point where I just don’t bother to halve it now – I know we’ll eat it!
It’s so easy and yet, so fabulous. The lemon flavor from the homemade salad dressing is super fresh and bright!
I kind of lick the bowl when all the salad is gone. I should be ashamed, but I’m not.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Why this recipe works:
Simple ingredients. Using simple easily found ingredients, this a great recipe to throw together at any time.
Balance. Peppery arugula, bright tomatoes, sharp parmesan cheese, combined with a fresh lemon vinaigrette (made with fresh lemon juice dijon mustard) – makes this a perfect.
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- If you don’t have fresh lemon juice you can use vinegar (I like apple cider vinegar, but balsamic vinegar goes well in this too!)
- Add some toasted pine nuts when you add the cheese. Trust me, it kicks it up to uber-fancy!
- If you REALLY love lemon flavor – add a pinch of lemon zest to the dressing.
- Large bowl
- Plane grater
How to make the Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
- Whisk together the lemon juice, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until smooth and creamy. It might look separated at first – so you need to whisk fast to get it to emulsify. You can make this in a blender or food processor if you need to!
Use as much as you like on your salad – store the rest for later in the refrigerator. If it separates, just shake it up to it re-emulsifies.
I like to make several of my favorite salad dressing ahead and keep them in the fridge to use over the following week. My basic mustard vinaigrette is a favorite, too!
MORE SALAD RECIPES
- Classic Coleslaw – with a Creamy Coleslaw Dressing, this side will be a welcome addition to any table.
- Summery White Bean Salad – Served chilled or at room temperature, this one is great to make ahead, or to grab and go! A short prep time means you can have it on the table fast!
- Greek Salad – from Or Whatever you Do
- Chayote Squash Salad – from Aubrey’s Kitchen
- Cucumber Salad – from a Simple Pantry
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
For the Salad
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
To make lemon vinaigrette
- Whisk together all ingredients except the olive oil.
- When blended, slowly add in the olive oil – whisking fast so it emulsifies.
For the Salad
- Add the washed arugula to a bowl, and top with cherry tomatoes
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and grate parmesan over the top.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.