Served chilled or at room temperature, this Summery White Bean Salad is great to make ahead, or to grab and go! A 5 minute prep time means you can have it on the table fast!
I do love Spring and (the beginning of) Summer. Summer here in Phoenix is crazy amounts of hot, and so heating up my kitchen to make a tasty side for something grilled is not my idea of a good time.Try this Summery White Bean Salad! 5min prep - get it on the table fast! #recipe #homemade #salad Click To Tweet
What’s in it?
I’m so glad you asked. Just a few simple ingredients and tons of flavor – what’s not to love? This bean salad is PERFECT!!
Packed with protein, and yummy veggies, and dressed with a simple homemade vinaigrette (don’t forget the salt and pepper!), it’s ready fast – and lasts in the fridge for a few days. Great for a quick lunch, an easy side, or even as a mid afternoon snack.
I like to mix this up and use navy, or great northern beans, and even add some black beans occasionally. I switch out the parsley for cilantro, and add some corn for a southwestern bean salad!
Make a double or triple batch of bean salad for gatherings and watch it disappear. When mixing the beans, do it gently – you don’t want to turn your beans into mush!
Want more easy summer recipes? Of course you do!
Summery White Bean Salad
- 2 15oz cans cannellini or northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Place the beans, red pepper, parsley, and onion in a large salad bowl.
- In a lidded jar, add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper. Put the lid on tightly, and shake until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the bean mixture, using a spatula to combine (gently – so you don’t break the beans).
- Taste, add more seasoning if needed.
- Refrigerate until needed (up to 4 days).
Source: Adapted from Good Cheap Eats