This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Healthy Quinoa & Black Bean Salad with a touch of spice, and a ton of flavor. Make ahead for a great lunch or dinner!
This is a great make-ahead lunch or dinner and is perfect for …. right now. GREAT to have in the fridge for dinner when you get home after work!
It has a bit of a kick to it, thanks to the fresh jalapenos, but if you can’t handle that – just leave it out, or reduce the amount.Love this Quinoa Salad? Tweet it!
I personally like a little heat, but like to still have feeling in my tastebuds – I do go easy on the jalapeno. If you can handle it – add more!
I make a batch of this on the weekend, and eat it over the next few days. The flavors improve in the days after it was made, making this a winner for me! Healthy quinoa is SUPER filling, too.
Throwing a container of this in my bag for work, means I’ve got a healthy and yummy lunch that keeps me full and satisfied much longer than a burger and fries!
Want more healthy recipe ideas? Of course you do!
Super Healthy Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup red/yellow bell peppers diced
- 1 cup cilantro washed and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tsp jalapeno diced finely (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
Make the dressing
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
Cook the quinoa
- Heat the broth into a small saucepan until boiling, add quinoa and simmer gently until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
Assemble the salad
- Add cooled quinoa, beans, arugula, bell peppers, cilantro, onion and jalapeno (if using).
- Pour the dressing over the top, and mix well until fully combined.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until serving time, or ...