This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Vegan Sweet Potato Curry made with warm spices, creamy coconut and crunchy cashews – make this a really worthwhile dinner. Served with basmati rice, or just in a bowl on its own, this vegan sweet potato curry hits all the right spots.
As you may know, I don’t have a lot of time on weeknights, so I have been using a little shortcut in the form of Veetee Rice. Done in 2 minutes, it tastes good and is ready to go when we are.
I opted to use the Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice in this dish, and it is great for this -perfect, non-sticky rice and a yummy dinner – done, in 20 minutes? YES PLEASE!!
- Begin by toasting your spices.
- Grind them in a mortar and pestle til they are a fine powder, then add the turmeric.
- Saute the onion, garlic and ginger, then add the ground spices and sweet potatoes.
- Add the stock and coconut milk, and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Fold in the baby spinach leaves, and sprinkle with cashews.
Love Vegetarian or Vegan Recipes? Here’s some more!
Vegan Sweet Potato Curry with Spinach & CashewsVegan Sweet Potato Curry made with warm spices, creamy coconut and crunchy cashews - make this a really worthwhile dinner. Served with basmati rice, or just in a bowl on its own, this hits all the right spots!Print PinPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutesServings: 2 servingsCalories: 1263kcal
- 1/2 tsp whole cardamom seeds
- 4 peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 Tbs Tbs peanut or coconut oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbs grated ginger fresh
- 1.5 lb sweet potato peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock can sub chicken if you're not vegetarian
- 1-2 9.9 oz packages Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice
- 1 cup toasted cashews can sub almonds
- 2 good handfuls baby spinach
- Put cardamom, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, mustard seeds and chilli flakes in a dry frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon spices and turmeric into a spice grinder (or mortar and pestle) and grind to a powder.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and saute the onion until it softens, and add garlic and ginger.
- Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and toss in spice mixture.
- Add coconut milk and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Heat your Veetee Dine In Basmati Rice in the microwave according to package directions.
- Just before serving, add spinach and cashews and toss for 1 minute.
NutritionCalories: 1263kcal | Carbohydrates: 149g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 67g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Sodium: 712mg | Potassium: 2233mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 51325IU | Vitamin C: 25.2mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 13.2mg
Tips for All Recipes on Kylee Cooks
- Want to scale a recipe up or down? Simply click on the serving amount and move the slider up or down - the recipe will automatically adjust!
- I always use salted butter in my recipes.
- Always use a thermometer to test for doneness when cooking meat.
- When a recipe is made in the oven, it should be pre-heated to the temperature in the recipe, unless otherwise noted.