This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Rich, thick and with a definite kick of spice, this Thai Style Sweet Potato Soup is a wonderful meal by itself! Smooth and velvety, this will be a favorite!
Now that cooler weather is on its way for MOST people (I live in AZ, this won’t happen for awhile), I wanted soup. But not just ANY soup, one that I’ve made for years, and has a spicy and interesting kick to it.
Where to find the curry paste?
How to make Thai Style Sweet Potato Soup:
- Roast your sweet potatoes and onions with some oil and brown sugar.
- When they’re done, add them to a large pot with the curry paste and ginger, and cook a little.
- Add the stock, and blend.
- Add the coconut milk, and blend.
- Finally, add whatever greens you are using (cilantro, green onions etc)
Want MORE soup? Of course you do!
Thai Style Sweet Potato Soup
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place sweet potato and onion on a large baking tray.
- Scatter the brown sugar and half the peanut oil over the top and shake the tray to coat the vegetables.
- Bake the vegetables for 45 minutes, turning a few times during cooking.
- Once cooked, the potatoes and onions should be honey brown and caramelized, not black.
- Into a large, deep pot add the remaining oil, curry paste and ginger.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes to release the flavors.
- Add cooked vegetables and combine.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, stir through and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the fresh greens, stir in well and add the lime juice to taste.
- Stir well and serve.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.