This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
30 Minute Dinner Rolls – Make these dinner rolls from scratch in just about 30 minutes!! These are great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them. Using a stand mixer and simple ingredients, you can have these homemade rolls on the table FAST!!
I’ve long been a fan of my bread maker. It takes all the work out of bread and pizza dough, and turns out a consistent product every time. BUT, it takes an hour and a half to be ready to pull out and shape/bake – and then needs to be given more time to rise…. and I needed them (and dinner) to be ready in 45 minutes.
Could I have run to the store? Sure. But WHY? When I can make these little beauties from scratch (and now, so can you!!)
These are great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them.
I mean, look at the fluffiness!!
30 minute dinner rolls – the flavor
If you are worried that they’ll be overwhelmingly yeast-y tasting (2 Tbs yeast sounds like a lot), stop worrying – they’re not! These are tender-soft, and and absolutely divine.
You need these in your life. Go, make a batch. Please.
How to make easy homemade bread rolls
- Add water, oil, yeast and sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer
- Rest 10 minutes.
- Add some of the flour, the salt and egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook, and mix, adding remaining flour gradually.
- Mix until a smooth ball forms, then divide into rolls.
- Allow to rise, covered for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven while you wait!
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Brush with butter, and serve!
- (see that was easy, right?)
Want more easy bread recipes? How about these?
- Homemade Bagels (just 4 ingredients) – Fresh, warm and chewy, topped with whatever you fancy – these homemade bagels are easy to make and absolutely delicious!
- Crusty Braided Poppy Seed Loaf – A beautiful looking AND tasting bread, this easy Crusty Braided Poppy Seed Loaf will be one you make again and again!
- Maple Oat Skillet Bread – A gorgeous loaf, with a delicious crumb! This Maple Oat Skillet Bread is hearty, delicious and perfect for toasting, sandwiches, or eating with soup. Perfect for Fall! Yum!
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes (the yeast should bloom, and the mixture will look “puffy”)
- Add 2 cups of the flour, the salt, and the egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook, and mix.
- Add the remaining flour gradually.
- Let your mixer do the work and let it knead it all together until it becomes smooth ball. The dough will be fairly soft.
- Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9×13 pan.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes, and heat your oven to 400F.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are just golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and brush tops with butter.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.