This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
30 Minute Dinner Rolls – Make these dinner rolls from scratch in just about 30 minutes!! These are great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them. Using a stand mixer and simple ingredients, you can have these homemade rolls on the table FAST!!
I’ve long been a fan of my bread maker. It takes all the work out of bread and pizza dough, and turns out a consistent product every time. BUT, it takes an hour and a half to be ready to pull out and shape/bake – and then needs to be given more time to rise…. and I needed them (and dinner) to be ready in 45 minutes.
Could I have run to the store? Sure. But WHY? When I can make these little beauties from scratch (and now, so can you!!)
These are great for holidays, weeknights, basically – any time you need them.
Love 30 Minute Dinner Rolls? Tweet it!
I mean, look at the fluffiness!!
30 minute dinner rolls – the flavor
If you are worried that they’ll be overwhelmingly yeast-y tasting (2 Tbs yeast sounds like a lot), stop worrying – they’re not! These are tender-soft, and and absolutely divine.
You need these in your life. Go, make a batch. Please.
How to make easy homemade bread rolls
- Add water, oil, yeast and sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer
- Rest 10 minutes.
- Add some of the flour, the salt and egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook, and mix, adding remaining flour gradually.
- Mix until a smooth ball forms, then divide into rolls.
- Allow to rise, covered for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven while you wait!
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Brush with butter, and serve!
- (see that was easy, right?)
Want more bread? How about these?
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes (the yeast should bloom, and the mixture will look "puffy")
Add 2 cups of the flour, the salt, and the egg into the yeast mixture using a dough hook, and mix.
- Add the remaining flour gradually.
- Let your mixer do the work and let it knead it all together until it becomes smooth ball. The dough will be fairly soft.
- Shape dough into 12 balls and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes, and heat your oven to 400F.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are just golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and brush tops with butter.