This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Quick to make, and super tasty – this cheesy tomato pasta using pantry staples is yummy and kid-friendly to boot! The whole family will enjoy this one!
Want to know a sneaky trick for getting your kids to eat broccoli? Spend time making something for them that you know they like, and will eat happily, and then put broccoli alongside it. Just to spite you, they’ll eat the broccoli and ignore the pasta dish that they usually scarf like it’s their job. Exhibits A, and B and C
*sigh* At least they’re cute. Excuse the lack of a shirt on Exhibit A (and full disclosure, the little one doesn’t have pants on either)… Maybe that was just THIS day, but we all really love this pasta. It’s kind of reminiscent of childhood canned pasta (ew, but… um, yum), but so much better. My favorite part of this is that it’s so simple to prep, you can do it during the time the pasta is boiling, and have dinner on the table in a very short amount of time. See? Very few ingredients! (yeah, that’s butter in there. Just roll with it, mmkay?)
[clickToTweet tweet=”Quick and super tasty-this cheesy #tomato #pasta is yummy & kid-friendly! #recipe #dinner ” quote=”Love this easy weeknight dinner? Click to tweet!”]
I have made this a lot – mainly on nights where I really really can’t be bothered, but you know – my family needs to eat. I really enjoy it despite myself. Sometimes, the simple dishes really can be the bigger winners!
What is YOUR go-to on weeknights? Let me know by commenting!
Want more pasta? Of course you do!
Easy Cheesy Tomato Pasta (with Chicken)
- 1 lb small pasta ditalini, shells, whatever
- 1 stick/1/2 cup butter
- 45 oz tomato sauce (3 x 15oz cans)
- 1 Tbs dry ranch seasoning
- 2 cups diced and cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter into a large pot over medium heat.
- Add tomato sauce, ranch seasoning, chicken and seasonings stirring to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce
- Stir to combine, and allow to heat through.
- Remove from heat, and add the cheese, stirring to melt.
- Test for seasoning, add more if needed.
Source: Inspired/Adapted from Picky Palate