This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Quick to make, and super tasty – this cheesy tomato pasta using just 6 ingredients (mainly pantry staples) is yummy and kid-friendly to boot! The whole family will enjoy this one!
I love this recipe when we are low on time, energy or ingredients (or all 3). This recipe is quick and easy, and can be modified to whatever you have on hand. I typically have these ingredients hanging out at home but rarely make it the same way each time. I regularly add red pepper flakes, or cherry tomatoes and fresh basil (tomato and basil is a classic combo!)
I have made this a lot – mainly on nights where I really really can’t be bothered, but you know – my family needs to eat. I really enjoy it despite myself. Sometimes, the simple dishes really can be the bigger winners!
It kind of reminds me of canned spaghettios – but so much better. My favorite part of this is that it’s so simple to prep. You can do it during the time the pasta is boiling and have dinner on the table in a very short amount of time.
Want to know a sneaky trick for getting your kids to eat broccoli? Spend time making something for them that you know they like, and will eat happily, and then put broccoli alongside it. Just to spite you, they’ll eat the broccoli and ignore the pasta dish that they usually scarf like it’s their job.
6 ingredients, including chicken, butter, tomato sauce, pasta, ranch seasoning, and cheddar cheese.
How to make Tomato Pasta
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
Gather your ingredients together. Cook the chicken ahead (saute bite-sized pieces in some olive oil), or use some leftover rotisserie chicken (or leave it out).
Cook the pasta – any kind of pasta will do. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When cooked to al dente (still firm to the bite, but cooked). Drain the pasta and set aside.
Make the pasta sauce – melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat, and add the tomato sauce, ranch seasoning, chicken, salt and pepper.
Add it all together – add the drained pasta to the sauce and mix thoroughly. Remove from the heat and stir through the cheese to melt.
Serve: Grab some large bowls and serve it up! Devour.
More one pot recipes:
- One Pan Ham & Cheese Pasta – This One Skillet Ham & Cheese Pasta is a weeknight winner ready in less than 30 minutes that makes EVERYONE need seconds. Change up the pasta, and the cheese, but make it over and over!
- Ham Tetrazzini – A super-fast weeknight dinner, this Ham Tetrazzini is a spin on the traditional version and is sure to please the whole family.
- Spaghetti Carbonara – A classic pasta dish using simple ingredients, like a sauce made silky and rich by using eggs, bacon, and parmesan. This Classic Spaghetti Carbonara is comfort food, made right in your own kitchen.
- Tuna Noodle Casserole – This old-time classic tuna casserole will bring you right back to childhood. Budget-friendly and easy to double for a crowd!
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Easy Cheesy Tomato Pasta (with Chicken)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter into a large pot over medium heat.
- Add tomato sauce, ranch seasoning, chicken and seasonings stirring to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce
- Stir to combine, and allow to heat through.
- Remove from heat, and add the cheese, stirring to melt.
- Test for seasoning, add more if needed.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.
Source: Inspired/Adapted from Picky Palate