This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Beef and Broccoli with honey and soy is SO simple to prepare and has a great balance of flavors to suit both kids and adults. Easy to double and triple for a bigger crowd (or to have leftovers).
Weeknights are tough for me, I have very little time to get dinner on the table before the boys start their special brand of “feed me now” behavior. It’s great to get home with a plan in mind – and have this ready to hit the wok as soon as you arrive in the kitchen.
I love Chinese takeout, and often choose Beef and Broccoli in an attempt to balance all the egg rolls, cream cheese rangoons and other fried appetizers we order. Cut up the veggies & beef and mix the sauce ahead of time, and you’ll have dinner on the table super fast!
It tastes super delicious, no one would guess you whipped it up that quickly – I’ve served this for guests before, too – it’s easy enough that it leaves me time to focus on other tasks. Like pouring drinks… and making appetizers!Love Beef and Broccoli? Tweet it!
Want more weeknight dinners?
Honey-Soy Beef & Broccoli
- 2 Tbs cooking oil divided
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups broccoli (fresh) cut into small florets
- 1 lb sirloin beef cut into strips
- 4 Tbs honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Hot cooked rice of your choice
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a wok or large skillet.
- When it is hot (but not smoking), add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until onion has softened.
- Add the garlic, cook 1 minute more.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the onion/garlic/broccoli - and set aside for now.
- Combine the soy, white wine (or sherry/broth) with the cornstarch
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbs oil in the wok - and get it hot again.
- Add the beef and stirfry until cooked through.
- Add the broccoli/onion/garlic back to the wok, and toss to combine.
- Finally - drizzle the honey over the beef/broccoli then add the soy mixture and combine.
- Sprinkle red pepper (if using), and serve