This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Roasted Broccoli is the unsung hero of weeknight dinner sides. This easy recipe is hands-off and super delicious!
If you want your family to eat broccoli and LOVE it, give this a try!
Do you ever forget to make a side dish, and sit down for dinner and think – aw man, I should TOTALLY have some green stuff on here?
Me too. I struggle sometimes to get a full meal on the table in under 30 minutes, but try really hard to include all the right nutrients!
Sometimes it is as simple as throwing a bag of frozen peas in the microwave, which, although a wonderful choice, kind of lacks in the wow-factor-department.
Steamed broccoli is ALSO a fine choice (given that it contains fiber, Vitamin C and … protein), but if you want to kick the flavor up a notch, oven roasting is the way to go.
You might also like my Oven Roasted Vegetables or my Sauteed Green Beans Recipe!
DID YOU KNOW? Grilling, roasting and stir-frying vegetables retains a greater amount of nutrients than boiling!
I love roasted broccoli when meal prepping. It keeps well, has such great flavor that is actually good hot or cold! (Here it is served with marinated grilled chicken and some quinoa – check out my post on how to cook quinoa).
This oven-roasted broccoli recipe contains two of my FAVORITE THINGS. Parmesan and garlic. I mean – how can you really go wrong?
Grab a couple of heads of broccoli, cut into florets – then drizzle with olive oil, a little garlic powder, season with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. With a cooking time of about 15 minutes (depending on how small your broccoli florets are), this is perfect!
- BROCCOLI – fresh broccoli is best for this. Frozen broccoli is too wet, and will basically just steam on the baking sheet. Delicious, but not the crunch fabulousness we’re going for
- OLIVE OIL
- GARLIC POWDER – you may use fresh garlic, but garlic burns easily at high heats, so be careful!
- SALT & BLACK PEPPER – I use kosher salt. Salt intensifies food’s other flavors, don’t leave this out!
- PARMESAN CHEESE – totally optional, but I LOVE how it adds flavor
How to Roast Broccoli
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
GET PREPPED: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and cut the broccoli into small florets. Add to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Toss gently so all the pieces are covered, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
COOK: Roast for 10-12 minutes. It’s done when the florets are still bright green – but a little charred on the edges.
SERVE: Serve warm, and devour.
FAQs and Kylee’s Notes
- You may use parchment paper, or spray the sheet lightly with oil to prevent sticking.
- This is a great recipe for mixing up. Like spice? add a little cayenne or crushed red pepper. Like fresh flavors? Add a little lemon juice after cooking for a super bright, fresh flavor.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Roasted Broccoli Recipe – Ready in 15 minutes!
- Sheet Pan
- 1 lb broccoli fresh
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Add the broccoli florets to a rimmed baking sheet (you may use parchment paper, or spray the sheet lightly with oil to prevent sticking)
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle the garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss gently to distribute oil and seasonings, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes. It’s done when the florets are still bright green – but a little charred on the edges.
- Remove from oven, and devour.