Gorgeous oven roasted vegetables made even tastier with the tang of balsamic vinegar, the sweetness of brown sugar, finished with the bite of feta cheese….
It’s rather well documented that I love all things balsamic (judging by the number of posts I have written including it!) When I was pregnant with my second son (Cameron – he’s 2 next Sunday!), I had to buy balsamic vinegar every shopping trip. I would walk past the bottle and take swigs….
While not pregnant (I swear, Mum), I still love the flavor of it and use it at every opportunity. Like on these GORGEOUS roasted vegetables. I took some red onions, carrots, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and beets. Then, tossed them with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt & pepper.
I roasted them while I ran around doing other things, pulled them out – let them cool, then drizzled a little more of the simple homemade vinaigrette over the top and sprinkled with feta.
It is an easy, beautiful and absolutely delicious side dish (heck, even a main dish) that complements protein of your choice, and a nice glass of wine! Give these roasted vegetables a go!Gorgeous oven roasted vegetables with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, & feta #vegetables #sides #yumClick To Tweet
If you, too, are addicted to balsamic vinegar – try these other recipes!
- 1 large red onion peeled and diced into large chunks
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 12 brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 4 medium beets peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar plus extra to serve
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Prepare your vegetables, and lay them out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and salt & pepper in a bowl. Reserve a Tbs or 2 for later.
- Pour over vegetables, and using your hands, mix it so all of the vegetables are covered.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (or until your vegetables are tender, and brown).
- Cool, then drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette, and sprinkle with feta.