This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Fresh salmon, pan crisped, then oven roasted to finish – topped with a glaze made from balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic and dijon mustard. Yum!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
You guys, this is a GREAT dinner for date night (or any old night, really). Super simple – which is always the best way, and really good for you. Are you all ready for Valentine’s Day? This Balsamic Glazed Salmon would be really good for tonight!
This is a meal I made for my husband recently – he’s a huge fan of salmon, and I really don’t make it very often. I don’t know why – it’s so easy and super fast! He really enjoys it.
The glaze is pretty easy, just make it while your salmon cooks, and keep it warm, ready for drizzling over the top.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Fresh #salmon with a #balsamic #glaze. Perfect for #valentinesday! #kyleecooks #recipe #dinner #fish” quote=”Fresh #salmon with a #balsamic #glaze. Perfect for #valentinesday! #kyleecooks #recipe #dinner #fish”]
New to cooking salmon?
Me too, kind of. I’ve made this a few times, and my friends tell me “buy the salmon skin off”. Okay, then! I really like the method of pan crisping (for those lovely brown bits), then finishing off by roasting in the oven. You really don’t want to OVER cook salmon, so do keep an eye on it. Depending on the thickness of your salmon, 5-8 minutes will be perfect in the oven (after crisping). But it’s pretty easy, I promise!
Is salmon good for me?
You betcha it is! It is:
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rich in high-quality protein
- Excellent source of B vitamins
- Good source of Potassium
- May reduce the risk of heart disease
Sign me up!
What shall I make to serve with it?
I served this Balsamic Glazed Salmon with green beans. You could do any vegetable of course – and serve with some rice, quinoa etc – whatever you like! I sometimes make some roasted potatoes alongside it – but that does extend the time in the kitchen. You choose!
Want more dinner ideas? Of course you do!
How about a decadent dessert? (Why not?!)
Onto the recipe!
Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- 2 5oz salmon fillets
- 1.5 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add glaze ingredients to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 2-3 minutes, or until glaze turns syrupy and glaze-y. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat about 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a medium oven-proof pan over medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, and add to the hot pan.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side (will release easily from pan when ready to flip). Should be a golden brown. on the surface.
- Remove from the heat – and place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake 5-8 minutes, or to your liking (will depend on thickness and size of your salmon).
- To serve - place a salmon fillet on each plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.