A simple side, using the sweetness of brown sugar combined with fresh rosemary. These Rosemary Glazed Carrots are great for holidays, or just a Tuesday!
I love carrots. The toddler does too. The husband likes all vegetables (except asparagus – which I don’t understand at all). We all thought this was a nice change from plain steamed vegetables. I mean, how can you go wrong with butter and brown sugar? (actually, you can’t – but you could go one better and add either booze or bacon, right?).
The sweetness of the brown sugar is JUST right, with the butter and rosemary. Be sure to use salt and pepper and check for proper seasoning before serving.
This recipe would probably go well with fresh green beans, or even Brussels sprouts (but I think the recipe linked below is the BEST way to make Brussels sprouts).
Great for holidays, as they are super simple, can be prepared ahead, or just a Tuesday night while your protein is cooking and you chase your kids around! Everyone loves these whenever I make them, that I’ve taken to just making a double batch instead of watching everyone fight over the last carrot. Imagine that!
It’s absolutely not diet food… but it IS good.
Want more yummy sides? Of course you do!
Rosemary Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb carrots sliced
- 4 Tbs butter divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbs fresh rosemary plus some extra sprigs, chopped roughly
- Melt 1Tbs butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and cook until you get some nice brown marks on them - a couple of minutes.
- Remove the carrots to a plate.
- Add remaining butter, and when melted - add the brown sugar and stir until bubbling
- Reduce heat, add carrots, salt and pepper and rosemary and cook covered (stirring) until carrots are cooked to your liking (took about 7 minutes).
As seen on: www.ilovemydisorganizedlife.com