This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
One of the biggest reasons to like this stew? it’s budget-friendly, delicious, and has ingredients you likely already have on hand! Plus, it makes the house smell AMAZING.
“Poor man’s” stew is a reference to the fact that ground beef is a lot cheaper than beef sold for stews.”
Kylee’s notes on Poor Man’s Stew
- Add frozen peas to the last half hour of cooking!
- Use a blend of turkey and beef to make it a bit healthier
- Make this overnight, and pack into the fridge in the morning – helpful when you’ll be gone more than 7 hours from home!
Want more crockpot meals? Of course you do!
Poor Man's Stew
- Add the ground beef, potatoes, carrots, onion, to your crock pot.
- Mix together the tomato paste, broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme.
- Pour the mix over everything in the crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or 4 hours on high.