This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This Meatball Casserole contains just FOUR ingredients and comes together fast. A super easy family dinner you can feel good about, coming right up!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pure Farmland™. The opinions text and photography are all mine.
Hey! I’m sharing a VERY simple weeknight recipe with you all today. Since we are coming up on the season of rich food and lots of it, I like to use this little hack to eat just a LITTLE less meat, without sacrificing flavor.
We’ve done “meatless Mondays” which can be hit or miss in my family. I created this recipe so that we can still enjoy a typical family favorite, but I can feel better about it. Man, my family just LOVES this! This casserole recipe is pure comfort food and generates zero complaints when I serve it up for dinner. If you have a family – you’ll know that this is a HUGE WIN!
This Meatball Casserole contains just FOUR ingredients – so, you’re already well on your way to getting dinner on the table!
Whether you are flexitarian (see my notes below), vegetarian, or just want to eat more plant-based protein or a little less meat like us, you can expand your recipe repertoire with Pure Farmland plant-based products.
There is a variety of choices for breakfast (we love the Maple Breakfast Patties), lunch, and dinner, so you’ll enjoy great-tasting plant-based meat alternatives that you can feel good about. I grab mine from the meat section at my local WinCo!
Want to feel even better? Pure Farmland products come in trays that are made with more than 50% recycled material, so you’re literally making an eco-conscious choice when you pick Pure Farmland products! Yay!
Want to save a little? (of course you do!) From now through 12/31/19 you can save $2.00 on any ONE Pure Farmland Plant-Based item at your local WinCo.
Need more inspiration? Visit the Pure Farmland website for more recipes!
- PASTA – any kind of pasta will do. If you are using spaghetti or fettucine, I recommend breaking it up, so it’s easier to scoop out and serve.
- MARINARA SAUCE – choose your favorite!
- CHEESE – I use both cheddar and mozzarella.
- PURE FARMLAND PLANT BASED HOMESTYLE MEATBALLS
How to make this recipe:
COOK THE MEATBALLS – Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place Pure Farmland Homestyle Meatballs on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes; gently turn meatballs over and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches at least 175 degrees F (Pics 1-2).
COOK THE PASTA – Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water just a few minutes less than called for on the package. Drain well.
ADD THE PASTA SAUCE AND CHEESE Pour pasta into a large baking dish/casserole dish (9”x13” pan size), add the sauce and half of the cheese and mix well (Pics 3-6).
ADD THE MEATBALLS & MORE CHEESE – Add the meatballs to the pasta and add the remaining cheese on top (Pics 7-9).
BAKE – Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F, until cheese is melted, and the top is bubbly and brown (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Since we bake this with the sauce, the pasta doesn’t need to be TOO well cooked, as it will continue cooking in the oven. If the pasta seems too dry, add a little water to the dish.
- Mix up the cheeses! I use cheddar and mozzarella, but any combination will work well (we also enjoy pepper jack in place of cheddar!). I also like to sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the mozzarella.
- Add a little Italian seasoning to your pasta sauce, to bump up the flavor.
- Try different pasta shapes! Rotini, shells, macaroni – anything will work. If you opt for long pasta like fettuccine or spaghetti – break it up into small pieces before cooking.
- What to serve with Meatball Casserole? garlic bread and a b\caesar salad will be awesome!
- What is Flexitarianism? It’s an ethical way of eating that focuses on consuming healthy plant-based proteins and other whole, minimally processed plant-based foods, but encourages the consumption of animal products in moderation. Incorporating more plant-based proteins into your diet benefits both you and the planet!
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
4 Ingredient Meatball Casserole
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb Pure Farmland Plant Based Homestyle Meatballs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place Plant-Based Meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes; gently turn meatballs over and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches at least 175 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, Cook pasta in boiling water just a few minutes less than called for on the package. Drain well.
- Pour pasta into a casserole dish (9”x13” pan size), add the sauce and half of the cheese and mix well.
- Add the meatballs on top and add the remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and brown (about 15 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.