A discussion on a cooking board I visit/participate in sparked this dinner. The question was “What recipes are better with ground turkey than ground beef?
This recipe was linked, and I decided since I had all the ingredients to give it a go, slightly modified.
As you can see, TFFC thought they were great. I put the plate of meatballs on the counter, and within seconds, little hands found them and had sampled.
When I put the plate on the table, I said “hands off!” … so he improvised. Got to give the kid credit…
Anyway – on to the food!
I would probably reduce the breadcrumb ratio to meat next time.
I added fresh garlic
Turkey Pesto Meatballs
TURKEY PESTO MEATBALLS
- 2 lb ground turkey breast could use chicken
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs I'd reduce to 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Mix everything in a bowl and combine well. Roll mixtures into balls.
- Bake the meatballs at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add to your favourite tomato based pasta sauce, and your favourite shaped pasta, and enjoy!