This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A super fast low carb chicken dinner that is a total weeknight winner! Using just one skillet, dinner is ready in 20 minutes!
Step by step photos and instructions below!
Weeknights are crazy busy, and if you want to avoid the drive-through, or the take-out menus like I do, having a few easy to make, quick meals in the repertoire is crucial for a smooth evening. I love having a few low carb 30 minute meals in my repertoire, ready to just get in the kitchen and get dinner GOING!!
This easy dinner is low carb, and suitable for keto diets (around 5 net carbs), but you can feel free to carb it up with some buttered noodles, some mashed potatoes, or some rice if you must!
This recipe is really more of a thought starter since it’s so changeable. I’d love to hear what combinations you come up with!
Tag me on instagram (@kyleecooks) with your creations!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Super adaptable. Have no chicken, but have pork or fish? Awesome. Switch it out.
- Quick and easy to make.
- Family friendly and healthy.
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Olive Oil. I use extra virgin olive oil. You can use a light olive oil if you prefer the flavor.
- Chicken breasts. I use 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I slice into cutlets. You could pound them so they are thinner if you prefer. You can also use chicken thighs.
- Tuscan Seasoning or Italian Seasoning. Flavor up that chicken! Use my recipe, or grab a jar from the store
- Green beans and asparagus. Any green veggie that doesn’t take a lot of cooking will work here. Broccoli and zucchini are also favorites.
- Garlic. Use fresh garlic, that you just minced.
- Tomatoes. Totally optional, but add a pop of color and a fresh flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese. Also optional, but in my house – anything I can add cheese to, wins.
How to make Skillet Chicken
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
For the Chicken
Season the chicken with Italian or Tuscan Seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, on both sides until fully cooked and golden brown (165 degrees F in the thickest part),
Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
For the Vegetables
Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium heat.
Add green vegetables (green beans, asparagus) and cook until tender.
Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes until tomatoes are heated through.
Divide cooked veggies to plates, and top with chicken.
Sprinkle with parmesan, if using.
Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees F when tested with a digital thermometer in the thickest part.
What to do with leftovers
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat until it is piping hot!
Use any kind of green vegetables for this recipe. It all tastes good!
This recipe can also be frozen before baking. Cover tightly with foil and wrap with plastic wrap. Freeze.
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Low Carb Chicken Dinner in a Skillet
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese for serving
For the Chicken
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the chicken with herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, on both sides until fully cooks.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
For the Vegetables
- Heat remaning 1Tbs oil in same skillet over medium heat.
- Add green vegetables (green beans, asparagus) and cook until tender.
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper
- Divide cooked veggies to plates, and top with chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, if using.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.
Update: This recipe was originally published in May of 2017. It was republished with updated photos in January of 2022.