Superfood spinach is the star of the show in this healthy crustless quiche with tomatoes, onions and feta. Delicious warm, room temp, or chilled – this is a versatile and nutritious dish!
Isn’t this GORGEOUS? Super healthy (especially since I opted to make this a crustless quiche) with so much color and flavor!
Spinach is a hot favorite with The Husband, in pretty much all forms: fresh, frozen, or canned. I’ve heard tales of him as a kid opening cans of spinach and devouring them after school, Popeye style. Lol.
In my house, spinach is pretty much always on the grocery list, and I include it in as many things as I can. (I’ve been known to cook and puree spinach, and add a cup to our spaghetti sauce and giggle as my children chow down on it happily – if you tell them, I will deny it, and never bake you cookies. Ever!)
Anywayyyyy… look at these simple and yummy ingredients. These are all you need to make my crustless quiche! (you’re so welcome)
Eating at home means lots of family time around the dinner table, and teaching the kids how to prepare meals. H can wash spinach, drain and rinse canned beans, crack eggs into bowls, mix ingredients, and… licking the beaters whenever I bake.
He’s not so excellent at dish-washing, or table clearing. But we’re working on it! I’ve found that the more involved I allow the kids to be, the more willing they are to try different things, and eat whatever we make because they’re so proud to have “made it”.
So. How about this quiche then? It’s super easy, and takes just 25 minutes in the oven til it’s ready to serve.
Here’s some quick pics on the process, then ON TO THE RECIPE!!
Spinach, Tomato and Feta Crustless Quiche
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced (about a cup)
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (save a little for garnish)
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh basil leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch quiche or tart pan (or a deep dish pie plate)
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet, and saute the onion until softened.
- Add in the spinach and cook until just wilted (you may need to do this in batches if your skillet is too small). Set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, flour, and baking powder. Whisk in milk, then stir in spinach-onion mixture. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into quiche pan. Top with feta.
- Place the tomato halves on top, and press gently so only the surface is visible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until center is set and the edge is golden brown - and pulling away from the pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with extra feta, and some basil (optional).
- Slice, and serve.