This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Other recipes you’ll enjoy that use Pesto:
- Turkey Meatball Recipe (with Pesto)
- Marinated Vegetable Kabobs with Pesto Yogurt Sauce.
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Pesto Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet – either add foil, or grease well with cooking spray (alternatively you can use a rack)
- Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
- Make a pocket in the chicken: Cut along the thin side, lengthways, without going all the way through.
- Add the pesto/cream cheese mixture to each chicken breast. Depending on how crazy you get with the filling, you can press the edges together to seal, or use toothpicks.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg with a fork in a bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish.
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken on both sides, until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken to the baking sheet, and bake until the thickest part of the chicken breast reads 165F. About 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Remove from oven, and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.