This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Super tasty southwestern style eggrolls with sweetcorn, black beans, spinach and cilantro. These are as tasty as they sound!
I have never made an eggroll (spring rolls to the Aussies/Kiwis). I’ve made gyoza/potstickers before, with great results, so was excited to try my hand at this. Whenever we see southwestern eggrolls on a menu, we always order them. Definitely overdue to make them at home! We scarfed these down pretty quick, and dipped them in the Avocado/Cilantro dressing – which was an amazing flavour combination. Next time I’ll be more careful with how full I stuff them, as a few did burst open. I’m considering a double wrapper method too, to help with that (and be able to stuff lots in them).
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed,
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry,
- 4 scallions chopped (green onions)
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 oz can green chiles drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp prepared chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- Preheat the oven to 425. Lightly mist two baking sheets with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the egg roll wrappers and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour some water into a small dish and set aside. On a flat surface, place an egg roll wrapper, corner facing toward you (like a diamond) and put ¼ cup of the mixture from the bowl on the center of the wrapper.
- Spread the mixture in a horizontal line from the left corner to the right corner of the wonton wrapper, leaving ½ inch or so of space on each side. Fold the bottom corner closest to you up over the ingredients and give it a 90 degree roll. Fold the side corners in and tuck them as you give the filled section another 90 degree roll. Dip your finger in the dish or reserved water and lightly wet the edges of the remaining top corner of the wrapper. Finish rolling the filled egg roll over the wet corner so that it adheres. Place wrapped egg roll onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- When all of the egg rolls are wrapped and on the baking sheets, lightly brush the tops with oil.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the wrappers are golden brown.
- Serve with avocado/cilantro "dressing" for dipping.