This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Make this easy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball for your next party or gathering, and watch it disappear fast! This is a great make ahead appetizer!
Warmer weather is ON THE WAY!! Okay, sorry. For me, it’s here. And this is the best time of year. Not yet blistering hot (in Phoenix), but no longer a need for a long sleeved t-shirt either.
The boys are in the pool already (I need another month), so the husband I like to sit out on the back patio, enjoy a few beverages, watch the kids play and … eat snacks.
We LOVE jalapeno poppers, so I decided to create this cheese ball to resemble those! So, we have cream cheese, jalapenos, cheddar, BACON, cilantro, crispy toasted panko and because it’s a cheese ball – nuts.
Obviously, there’s salt, pepper and a few other spices in it too – but man, it’s so easy to make (and needs zero oven time). Perfect when you’re craving these flavors, and SUPER easy to make ahead and bring out when needed.
Want a bite?
I love to have this cheese ball hanging out in the fridge ready for whenever the mood strikes.
I also make a DELICIOUS ham and pineapple cheese ball, if you are looking for an alternate!
Look at these simple ingredients!
Kylee’s Notes for Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe:
- Roll the cheese ball in crushed cashews
- Add a little hot sauce to make it extra spicy
- Mix up the types of crackers you serve – something for everyone!
Want more appetizers? Of course you do!
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe
- Crackers you choose!
- In a large non-stick skillet, toast the panko and almonds over medium high heat, moving constantly so the breadcrumbs and nuts do not burn. They’re done when they’re golden brown! Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt.
- Fold in the jalapeno, bacon and cilantro
- Form the mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Remove from fridge and roll in the toasted panko and almonds.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with crackers.