This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
A super easy recipe for a classic, this Blondie Recipe mixes up fast, contains only 7 ingredients, and tastes amazing!
Step by step photos and instructions below!
This recipe first appeared at The Salty Marshmallow where I am a contributor.
Dense, buttery and vanilla-y, these blondies will satisfy your sweet tooth!
This recipe is an old favorite of mine to share with my family and anyone who happens to stop by my house. Blondies are buttery, dense, have a chewy texture and a delicious brown sugar/vanilla flavor, similar to butterscotch.
The smell of these baking fills my home, bringing everyone together. Make a double or triple batch for bake sales or other similar events – this blondie recipe is simple to make, using just 7 ingredients. I’d call that a winner!
What to do with leftovers
What is the difference between a Brownie and a Blondie?
They’re very similar in that they both contain flour, eggs, butter or oil, and sugar. However, Blondies are vanilla-based and use brown sugar, whereas Brownies are chocolate-based and use white. They’re both delicious!
I have included step by step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
You’ll need a large bowl, a 8×8 or 9×13 baking pan (depending on how thick you like your blondies, and a wooden spoon for mixing. No stand mixer or any other special equipment required!
- It is ok if the middle is a bit soft as it will firm up as it cools.
- You may wish to add semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips to your blondies. I like them plain, but you do you!
- Chopped nuts are a great addition, try macadamia, walnut or pecan for an epic twist!
- Lining the baking pan with parchment paper will help you remove the blondies from the pan cleanly.
Recipe Ingredients and Possible Substitutes
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Butter. I use unsalted butter in this recipe, but use salted interchangeable with no issues. If you’re worried, just reduce the salt you add, or leave it out altogether.
- Brown Sugar. Dark brown sugar or light brown sugar works just fine in this recipe.
- Eggs. I use large ones!
- Flour. Regular, all-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder
- Salt. See above.
How to make Blondies
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 8×8 pan with cooking spray or coat with butter.
Make the batter
In a large bowl, mix melted butter and brown sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir vigorously until smooth.
Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out.
Place in the oven to bake for 30 mins (for 9×13) or 40-45 minutes (for 8×8) until edges are golden and toothpick comes out mostly clean. Don’t just put in the oven and forget about it, keep checking.
Cool & Cut
Allow to cool completely on a wire rack, then remove to a cutting board and cut into squares.
More recipes you might like:
- Slutty Brownies. With cookie dough on the base, oreos in the middle and brownie batter poured over the top, these are the ultimate dessert!
- Brownie Waffles. Chocolatey, ooey, gooey, and delicious, these brownie waffles are an epic dessert or treat! Topped with creamy vanilla ice cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup and whatever other toppings you like!
Easy Blondie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 or 9×13 pan with cooking spray or coat with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir vigorously until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30 mins (for 9×13) or 40-45 minutes (for 8×8) until edges are golden and toothpick comes out mostly clean. Don't just put in the oven and forget about it, keep checking.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into squares.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.