This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Blend your own Homemade Cajun Seasoning! Ditch the expensive store-bought jars, and make this super easy recipe.
It will keep in an air tight jar ready for whenever you want to use it! Use it on chicken, fish, shrimp or sprinkle it on french fries!
I love to mess around with different cuisines, and I’m always looking at new recipes. Oftentimes, a recipe will call for “Cajun Seasoning” which can easily be bought at the grocery store, but as with my Tuscan Seasoning, Poultry Seasoning and Taco Seasoning, I figured if I can make those, I can make this too!
There’s nothing wrong with store-bought spice blends. They’re convenient, of course. But, as with most convenience products – I really enjoy making my own where possible. Controlling what goes in (and what doesn’t) is the best part!!Love this Cajun Seasoning? Tweet it!!
A lot of experimenting with different additions and amounts – I settled on this mix several years ago, and have been making it ever since. I used to use Old Bay seasoning in the early editions, but really – it’s repetitive, as a lot of the spices in Old Bay are already in my blend.
This Cajun Seasoning can be used to flavor up chicken, pork, AND seafood, and goes particularly well with shrimp.
I’ve been known to throw a few teaspoons into a pot of plain vegetable soup – it really brightens it up, and takes it from blah to WOW!
This awesome mixed with olive oil and used as a rub for chicken and pork roasts, but is phenomenal in this Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe.
How to make your own Cajun Seasoning Blend:
- Gather the ingredients – you’ll need, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, thyme, oregano, paprika and celery seed.
- Blend together in a bowl and then store in an airtight jar.
- Use as needed in recipes!
How to use Cajun Seasoning
- Flavor up chicken, pork or seafood
- Sprinkle on french fries
- Use in these recipes:
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Cajun Grilled Shrimp Skewers (from Lemon Blossoms)
- Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad with Creamy Cajun Dressing (from House of Nash Eats)
Want more Homemade Seasoning Blends? Of course you do!
Homemade Cajun Seasoning (Spice Blend)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container for use in recipes.