This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tasty little quinoa patties with cilantro and parmesan – these are a protein filled snack that can be eaten hot, cold or at room temp.
These quinoa patties come together super easily, and were happily taste-tested by the toddler, who thought it was a cookie (hey, whatever works for ya, kid). I liked these, and added them to some arugula and called it “lunch”.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs sriracha
- Heat the broth to boiling.
- Rinse quinoa, and add to the broth. Bring to the boil, then cover reduce heat and simmer for approximately 12 minutes. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the quinoa, eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the parsley, cheese and garlic. Add the cracker crumbs. Stir the mixture until combined.
- Let it stand for about five minutes so the liquid can be somewhat absorbed. If it seems dry, add a little broth. If too wet, add more cracker crumbs.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture into your hand, and flatten into small patties.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the tablespoon olive oil over medium heat until it is hot.
- Add a single layer of patties and cook until the bottoms are browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the patties and cook about 5 minutes more until the second side is golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and repeat with the remaining patties (adding a bit more olive oil, if needed). Serve warm or at room temperature with the Sriracha Dip.
- Combine sour cream and sriracha adding more or using less, according to your taste.
- Difficult "recipe", huh?