This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta can be on your table tonight! This is a great recipe for pulling together an easy meal on the fly, and has great flavor. Get dinner on the table FAST with some handy shortcuts!
Busy weeknights are a total crunch for us, regardless of what’s going on. I constantly struggle with what to feed my family on any given day that everyone will eat, and I can get on the dinner table FAST.
Cheesy pasta of any kind is always going to be a hit with my entire family (check out my Skillet Mac and Cheese for another easy pasta recipe).
A creamy cheese sauce with added ranch flavor, plus crispy bacon, this delicious pasta dish also packs a protein punch with the addition of chicken, this will be your family’s new favorite!
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta recipe is an easy dinner recipe to throw together quickly. It uses a few shortcuts (the good kind!), but the flavor is incredible.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. I am not above getting a little help. I will sometimes grab a rotisserie chicken, or even pre cooked and shredded chicken from the deli to complete a meal more quickly and easily.
Are you making this for dinner tonight?
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy – this dinner is cooked in one pot! The best part is that it’s done really fast, too!
- Simple ingredients – everything to make this recipe can be found at your local grocery store.
What to serve with pasta
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Bacon. Cook this ahead, or grab it precooked bacon from the grocery store. I use a thick cut fresh bacon, and cook until crispy and drain on paper towels. Try turkey bacon, or bacon bits. The point is for this to be super easy.
- Chicken. I use a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken from another meal. If you don’t have chicken hanging around, you can poach chicken breasts in a little broth until cooked, then dice.
- Chicken Stock. Make your own chicken stock, or grab a carton.
- Dry Pasta. Any shape will do, although I find short pasta to be better. I wouldn’t use cooked pasta, since the flavor is achieved by cooking the pasta in the stock and ranch mixture.
- Ranch seasoning. This is the dry ranch dressing mix that you find in either a jar or an envelope at the grocery store. You can make ranch seasoning mix yourself, if you like! Check out this recipe from Culinary Hill.
You could use ranch dressing in a pinch if that is what you have. You might want to add a little extra to get the full ranch flavor. Maybe a little onion powder and garlic powder to boost it fully.
- Heavy cream. It’s only a little bit, but if you want to, you can use half and half or regular or skim milk instead. You can also use sour cream if that’s what you have.
- Cream cheese. Use a low fat one if you prefer.
- Cheddar Cheese. I used pre shredded sharp cheddar cheese in this case, but pick your favorite or what you have on hand (Monterey Jack cheese, or medium cheddar work well).
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Heat the stock over medium heat in a large skillet or dutch oven. Whisk in the ranch seasoning and cream, then add the pasta.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low heat and cook until most of the stock has absorbed (and the pasta is al dente aka tender, but still has a bite to it).
Add the cream cheese, cooked chicken, bacon, and cheddar to pan.
Remove from heat. Stir until cheese has melted and the sauce is thickened. Devour.
Use pre cooked bacon, pre cooked chicken and pre shredded cheese to make this SUPER fast.
Use macaroni, rotini, farfalle or penne pasta – any short pasta you have at home.
Fresh parsley or sliced green onions make a great garnish, but are totally optional.
What to do with leftovers
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat until it is piping hot!
More easy recipes:
- Chili Mac with Turkey. We’re bringing childhood back! Lightened-up with turkey vs beef, and made in one pan – this one is a family favorite!
- Skillet Mac & Cheese. Comfort food at its finest, this skillet mac & cheese is so easy! Just the skillet and a pasta pot, the and a quick broil, and this is ready FAST!
- Florentine Chicken Lasagna Rolls Spinach, garlic, and cheese are all winners for this weeknight dinner! Delicious homemade Alfredo sauce is the key to these!
- Ham Tetrazzini. A super-fast weeknight dinner, this Ham Tetrazzini is a spin on the traditional version and is sure to please the whole family.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (One Pot)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until until crispy, remove from pan and crumble. Set aside
Make the sauce
- Heat the stock in a large skillet or dutch oven. Whisk in the ranch seasoning and cream, then add the pasta.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until most of the stock has absorbed (and the pasta is tender).
Add the good stuff
- Add the cream cheese, cooked chicken, bacon, and cheddar to pan.
- Stir until cheese has melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.
Update: This recipe was originally published in May of 2016. It was republished with updated photos in May of 2021.