This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
An easy Roast Chicken dinner, with delicious vegetables, cooked all together on one sheet pan and drizzled with a gorgeous balsamic glaze. Dinner is SERVED!
I LOVE this time of year!! I get to make all kinds of things in the oven and not worry about heating up the house.
This sheet pan chicken dinner is awesome, just prep the veggies and chicken, drizzle with olive oil and some seasonings – and bake.
For this dinner, fresh produce is the star of the show.An easy Roast Chicken dinner, with delicious vegetables, cooked all together on one sheet pan and drizzled with a gorgeous balsamic glaze. Dinner is SERVED!
Here, I took some very simple vegetables to make dinner:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Onion
- Brussels Sprouts
These locally grown vegetables made my meal a “Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!”
If you’re like me and are ALWAYS short on time (and have a hate-hate relationship with doing dishes) – this Roast Chicken Recipe is for YOU! It’s all done on the one sheet pan!
The piece de resistance is, of course, the balsamic glaze. Such a super simple thing (only two ingredients), that packs such a delicious flavor. Rich, glossy and syrupy – and can be used in so many different ways to amp up the flavor of a dish.
I love using it to dip vegetables in, with a Caprese salad, drizzled over a creamy brie, drizzled on a pizza (one with caramelized onions is good), or simply over roasted chicken or pork tenderloin.
It can take things from pretty good – to OMG-I-need-more.
Kylee’s Notes for Making Roast Chicken with Vegetables & Balsamic Glaze
- Group your Brussels sprouts towards the center of the sheet pan, vs the edge – to prevent over browning
- Mix up your vegetable choices: squash, asparagus, green beans, carrots, and fingerling potatoes are all good choices for this kind of dinner
- Choose chicken thighs that are similar in size for even cooking.
- Cook chicken until a thermometer reads 165F in the center.
Roast Chicken with Vegetables & Balsamic Glaze
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1 large red onion
- 1.5 lb sweet potatoes
- 2 large parsnips
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs honey or maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow leaves.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut into ½ inch rounds
- Peel the parsnips and cut in half lengthwise (do in quarters if they are especially large)
- Arrange vegetables and chicken on a large sheet pan, and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper thyme, and rosemary.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, rotating the sheet pan one time during cooking.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.
FOR THE BALSAMIC GLAZE
- In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and heat over medium until bubbles appear.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes until the liquid reduces by half.
- Cool, and use as above.