Salty and sweet – my favorite combination! This oven baked bacon is my new favorite thing. Simply put the slices in the oven and get on with making the rest of your breakfast items!
Easter is coming! That means family, fun and … best of all … FOOD. I typically do a big breakfast for any and all that are in my house on any weekend, and Easter is no exception. You MUST have breakfast potatoes, eggs, pancakes, and BACON at a bare minimum. You just do.
With my skillets going with the first 3 items, I often have to do my cooking in shifts… which makes it take longer to get breakfast on the table, and delay the deliciousness.
Enter… the oven baked bacon. Restaurants do bacon this way, and it really is a great way to free up your stove-top.
Love Oven Baked Bacon? Tweet it!Click To Tweet
I kicked it up a notch with freshly ground black pepper, and a swipe of pure maple syrup. It disappeared fast (see my son trying to get in before it hits the table). Happy Easter, everyone!
Want more breakfast? Of course you do!
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup not pancake syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and line a large baking sheet with foil
- Lay your bacon out flat on a wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Generously pepper your bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove, and baste the bacon with the maple syrup.
- Return bacon to the oven, and cook a further 3-5 minutes (until desired level of done-ness)
- Remove from oven.