This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
These breakfast sliders are the perfect choice for a weekend treat. Customize them to your preference with bacon, sausage, eggs, and cheese tucked into soft buns, all brushed with a luscious garlic butter.
Step-by-step photos and instructions are below!
Imagine having a tray full of these delicious breakfast sliders ready in just minutes! You can make them really quickly, or you can prep them the day before ready for the oven.
Crispy bacon, savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, and melt-in-your-mouth cheese come together, gloriously topped with garlic butter and baked to perfection.
Breakfast sandwiches are especially perfect for the holiday season, allowing you to indulge in festivities like unwrapping gifts, drinking mimosas or relaxing, while they bake in the oven. Why not make this a holiday tradition?
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This is SO easy and makes enough for a crowd. If you have a bigger crowd, just double this recipe!
- These are perfect to prep ahead! Have your garlic butter made, your bacon and sausage cooked. Just cook your eggs and assemble right before baking.
- Simple ingredients. These sliders contain things you probably already have, or can pick up easily at the grocery store.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely. Cook the filling, make the buttery topping and assemble the sliders the night before. Cover and refrigerate. Pour the topping over the sliders before baking.
Make sure your eggs are cooked well enough that they are not wet. Don’t cover the cooked sliders for too long – steam will make the buns soggy.
You can cover the sliders with aluminum foil while baking, and remove the foil towards the end to allow them to brown slightly.
Add spicy ingredients like jalapeños, hot sauce, or spicy sausage to elevate the heat.
What to serve with sliders
Add some hash browns or breakfast potatoes and don’t forget the coffee! Try my Eggnog Latte for a great holiday drink!
Put some Dijon mustard salsa or hot sauce on the side/
I have included step-by-step photos and instructions, as well as tips and tricks in the post. If you’d rather skip all that, scoot right on down to the full recipe card located at the bottom of the post.
You can cook the bacon and breakfast sausage the day before, just be sure to cook the egg fresh on the day you’re making them.
I make these in a 9×13-inch baking dish or foil pan. The foil pan is awesome if you are taking these to a pot luck or family gathering, and the bonus is that there is no clean up required!
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven or an air fryer until hot. See below for freezer instructions.
I do use sausage links here, but sausage patties work well too, as well as just bulk sausage.
You can leave out the sausage and bacon and just do ham egg and cheese breakfast sliders. You do you, okay?
Play around with different cheeses. I like white cheddar cheese or American cheese, as well as swiss and provolone. Gouda is excellent too!
You can use any kind of rolls, even hotdog buns if that is what you have. I love slider buns and Hawaiian rolls if I can find them.
You can wrap individual sliders in parchment paper, and then tightly with plastic wrap and freeze.
Alternatively, you can use a foil container and freeze the entire batch. Remove and bake in the oven until piping hot!
Recipe Ingredients and Possible Substitutes
The full list of ingredients and quantities is found in the printable recipe card below.
- Bacon. I use regular or thick cut bacon. I love the peppered bacon from the deli at the store too.
- Sausage links. These can be turkey sausage or pork sausage. You could use patties too.
- Eggs. I use large eggs.
- Butter, garlic powder, cracked black pepper and kosher salt. We brush the melted butter mixture on the bottom of the baking pan, and also brush over the top. It gives the sliders an amazing flavor. I also use everything but the bagel seasoning or poppy seeds in my butter for a change, and sometimes I add a little bit maple syrup to the butter.
- Slider buns. You can use slider buns or soft Hawaiian rolls. Small-sized ciabatta or brioche buns are also a great option (they’re soft and sweet).
- Cheddar. Mix it up and use provolone, Swiss, pepper jack or colby jack cheese cheese.
- Large Skillet (for cooking the bacon, eggs and sausage)
- Bowls (a large bowl for whisking the eggs, and a small bowl for making the butter topping)
- Measuring spoons
- 9 x 13 baking dish. Any casserole dish will do. A baking sheet can also be used if you want to double or triple th recipe.
- Pastry brush (For brushing the butter mixture on top of the rolls.)
How to make this recipe
Scroll for Recipe
The full list of ingredients, quantities and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to 375°F, and heat a skillet to medium heat. Cut the rolls in half lengthwise (if they are not pre-split). You’ll need a serrated knife to cut cleanly.
Cook the bacon, eggs and sausage
Cook the bacon and sausage links until crispy and drain on paper towels.
Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly.
Scramble the eggs in a skillet over low heat (do not overcook as they’ll go into the oven and cook some more).
Season eggs with some salt and pepper.
Make the butter mixture
Melt the butter and mix the salt, pepper and garlic powder in.
Grease a large baking dish (big enough to fit all of your sliders) with some of the butter.
Add the bottom half of the rolls to the dish. Layer eggs, bacon, sausage.
Add cheese slices over the top. Top with the slider bun tops. Brush the tops of the rolls with the butter.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F until browned on top.
More Breakfast ideas:
- Easy Blueberry Waffles from Scratch. These waffles are light and fluffy and golden brown – and take just a few minutes to whip up. You can have 4 Belgian sized waffles in about 15 minutes! DIG IN!!
- Vanilla Maple Baked French Toast. Delightfully flavored french toast, topped with a sweet/nutty/crunchy topping, be warned – you will get addicted!!
- Cinnamon Rolls. Warm, gooey, soft homemade cinnamon rolls with a sweet and creamy frosting that melts deliciously into them… oh my.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes. A childhood favorite and a sure-fire way to get your family excited to eat breakfast, these Chocolate Chip Pancakes fit the bill!
Update: This recipe was originally published in November of 2018. It was updated and republished in November of 2023.
Breakfast Sliders Recipe (Bacon & Sausage)
- Get prepped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise (if they are not pre-split)
Cook the bacon, eggs and sausage
- Cook the bacon and sausage links until crispy and drain on paper towels.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk lightly.
- Scramble the eggs in a skillet over low heat (do not overcook as they’ll go into the oven and cook some more).
- Season eggs with some salt and pepper.
Make the butter mixture
- Melt the butter and mix the salt, pepper and garlic powder in.
- Grease a large baking dish (big enough to fit all of your sliders) with some of the butter.
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise (if they are not pre-split) and add the bottoms of your slider buns to the dish.
- Add the bottoms of your slider buns to the dish. Layer eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese slices over the top. Top with the slider bun tops. Brush with the butter.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F until browned on top.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.