This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Sweet with a touch of citrus and salt, the flavor of these chicken breasts is outstanding. Topped with some sage and crunchy toasted pecans, you can have a tasty dinner in around 35 minutes.
I love a good chicken dinner. I get bored of the same old, same old, and like to mix it up with different marinades, preparations, and cuisines.
[clickToTweet tweet=”” quote=”Love this? tweet it!”]
This lovely dinner was born out of a “do we have any sauce? no? okay, let’s see… what DO we have in here?” Rummaging in the pantry/fridge/countertop, I found maple syrup, some soy sauce, grabbed a lemon, and some ginger and a bit of sage… and ta-da! DINNER’S READY, FAMILY! COME-AND-GET-IT! While the chicken cooked, I made some sides to go with, and it was all done in about 35 minutes. Perfect.
Maple Sage Glazed ChickenPrint Pin
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil not olive oil
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbs fresh sage chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Extra sage leaves optional
- Toasted pecans optional
For the Glaze
- Whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span><span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span class="hiddenSpellError" pre="" data-mce-bogus="1">Preheat</span></span> oven to 400.</span>
- Season both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof pan over medium-high heat (I use a cast iron skillet)
- Sear chicken for 4 minutes (leave it alone - don't turn it before 4 mins)
- Flip the chicken, and remove pan from heat.
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Add the glaze to the pan, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Flip one time halfway through. Add more chicken broth if your liquid has reduced too much. Chicken is cooked when it reaches <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span class="hiddenSpellError" pre="reaches " data-mce-bogus="1">165F</span></span></span>
- Remove chicken from pan, and serve with extra glaze from the pan, sage leaves, and some chopped pecans if you wish.