This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sweet with a touch of citrus and salt, the flavor of these chicken breasts is outstanding. Topped with some sage and crunchy toasted pecans, you can have a tasty dinner in around 35 minutes.
I love a good chicken dinner. I get bored of the same old, same old, and like to mix it up with different marinades, preparations, and cuisines.Love this? tweet it!Click To Tweet
This lovely dinner was born out of a “do we have any sauce? no? okay, let’s see… what DO we have in here?” Rummaging in the pantry/fridge/countertop, I found maple syrup, some soy sauce, grabbed a lemon, and some ginger and a bit of sage… and ta-da! DINNER’S READY, FAMILY! COME-AND-GET-IT! While the chicken cooked, I made some sides to go with, and it was all done in about 35 minutes. Perfect.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil not olive oil
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbs fresh sage chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Extra sage leaves optional
- Toasted pecans optional
- Whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span><span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span class="hiddenSpellError" pre="" data-mce-bogus="1">Preheat</span></span> oven to 400.</span>
- Season both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof pan over medium-high heat (I use a cast iron skillet)
- Sear chicken for 4 minutes (leave it alone - don't turn it before 4 mins)
- Flip the chicken, and remove pan from heat.
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Add the glaze to the pan, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Flip one time halfway through. Add more chicken broth if your liquid has reduced too much. Chicken is cooked when it reaches <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span class="hiddenSpellError" pre="reaches " data-mce-bogus="1">165F</span></span></span>
- Remove chicken from pan, and serve with extra glaze from the pan, sage leaves, and some chopped pecans if you wish.