This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Sweet with a touch of citrus and salt, the flavor of these chicken breasts is outstanding. Topped with some sage and crunchy toasted pecans, you can have a tasty dinner in around 35 minutes.
I love a good chicken dinner. I get bored of the same old, same old, and like to mix it up with different marinades, preparations, and cuisines.
[clickToTweet tweet=”” quote=”Love this? tweet it!”]
This lovely dinner was born out of a “do we have any sauce? no? okay, let’s see… what DO we have in here?” Rummaging in the pantry/fridge/countertop, I found maple syrup, some soy sauce, grabbed a lemon, and some ginger and a bit of sage… and ta-da! DINNER’S READY, FAMILY! COME-AND-GET-IT! While the chicken cooked, I made some sides to go with, and it was all done in about 35 minutes. Perfect.
Maple Sage Glazed Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil not olive oil
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 Tbs fresh sage chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Extra sage leaves optional
- Toasted pecans optional
For the Glaze
- Whisk all glaze ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span><span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span class="hiddenSpellError" pre="" data-mce-bogus="1">Preheat</span></span> oven to 400.</span>
- Season both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof pan over medium-high heat (I use a cast iron skillet)
- Sear chicken for 4 minutes (leave it alone - don't turn it before 4 mins)
- Flip the chicken, and remove pan from heat.
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Add the glaze to the pan, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Flip one time halfway through. Add more chicken broth if your liquid has reduced too much. Chicken is cooked when it reaches <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span class="hiddenSpellError" pre="reaches " data-mce-bogus="1">165F</span></span></span>
- Remove chicken from pan, and serve with extra glaze from the pan, sage leaves, and some chopped pecans if you wish.
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.