This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Soft and chewy, these almond butter cookies made from homemade almond butter. A treat for those with peanut allergies, and so good, everyone will love them!
So, since I have a pile of homemade almond butter in my fridge, I wondered if simply switching out the peanut butter for almond butter in my usual peanut butter cookie recipe would work. Guess what? It did. The cookies were slightly different texture to what I’m used to in peanut butter cookies, but I liked them. A lot. I may have eaten many more than I was originally intending to. They’re chewy and dense, but not overly sweet. They made a lovely change!
What do YOU make with almond butter?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a spoon (use a fork if you want the crisscross pattern).
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.