- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 3 large potatoes sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cans kidney beans do not drain
- 15oz can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 10.5oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp mixed italian herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese grated
Brown the ground beef, and drain well.
Place the browned beef, and the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a crock pot (slow cooker) and combine well.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Sprinkle cheese on top, cover.
Serve when cheese is melted (about 10 minutes).
- Add a can of black beans, stretch out the meal, or make sure there are more leftovers.
- Add a can of sweet corn and/or a can of green chiles - make it your own recipe!
- Use red potatoes (don't peel!)
- Instead of Italian Seasoning, use my DIY recipe for Tuscan Seasoning
- Use Cream of Mushroom soup for a different kind of flavor.
- A little chili powder goes VERY well in this dish, with beans and beef it's a no brainer, right?
Calories: 909kcal | Carbohydrates: 118g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 4008mg | Potassium: 4413mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 3790IU | Vitamin C: 118.6mg | Calcium: 660mg | Iron: 18.9mg