This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
Make your mornings sweeter with this yummy chocolate chip bread. Grab some coffee and a slice of this quick bread and start the day off well!
Simple to make and absolutely delicious, the smell of this baking will get the whole family out of bed!
The holidays are here! I am sharing one of my favorite holiday baking recipes with you today, a super easy Chocolate Chip Bread.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that it can be breakfast, dessert, or whatever you need at any time of day!
It mixes up quickly (just 2 bowls!) and bakes up in under an hour. I make three mini loaves and then give them to friends and neighbors, or I make one big one and keep it for us! Bake times listed in the notes for different-sized pans.
This is a great recipe to make with kids since it’s super easy. Have one mix the dry ingredients, have another mix the wet ingredients, and then you combine.
Watch out for chocolate chip thieves, they are RAMPANT this time of year, I’ve heard.
It took me a while to decide how to name this since it didn’t have a name. It’s not REALLY bread, it’s more “loaf or cake”. It doesn’t matter what YOU want to call it – I think we can all just agree it’s delicious.
Stop by Safeway to grab Signature SELECT™ baking essentials, (plus Lucerne® eggs and butter) as well as some in-store made cookies to round out YOUR dessert selection during the holidays!
Why this recipe works
- Easy. Two bowls needed, that’s it!
- Adaptable. Make a large loaf, 3 small ones, or make muffins instead. Double the recipe and make a loaf for everyone you know!
- Delicious. I mean, it goes without saying, right?
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find Signature SELECT™ baking items at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
Safeway has a large variety of Signature SELECT™ baking items available, from flour, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips, to Lucerne® eggs and butter. All of these make for great and easy holiday entertaining!
Safeway also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop – this has been a lifesaver for me!
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
- For 1 big loaf, bake time is 50-55 minutes.
- For 3 small loaves, bake time is 40-45 minutes.
- For muffins, bake time is 20-25 minutes.
How to store
This treat will keep for up to 3 days if wrapped tightly and stored at room temperature.
It can also be frozen. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, a quick blast in the microwave or return the baked loaf to the original pan used and reheat in the oven.
- You can use dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips for this, or full-sized vs mini-sized choc chips if you prefer.
- Add a tsp espresso powder to the dry ingredients
- Use almond extract in place of vanilla extract
- Use half brown sugar, half white sugar for a caramel flavor.
- Any milk is fine, I use whole milk of 2% but you can use almond milk, oat milk, soy milk etc.
How to make Chocolate Chip Bread:
Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease/flour a loaf pan.
Make the batter
In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth
Add the flour mixture and milk to the batter (alternate adding flour and milk), mixing until just combined.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into 3 mini loaf pans, and (optional) sprinkle with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
Bake 40-45 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
More holiday baking recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Cookies. These soft and chewy triple chocolate cookies are dangerous! They have 3 types of chocolate and are decadent and delicious. Grab a glass of milk!
- German Chocolate Cookies. German Chocolate Cake in cookie form! Soft, chewy chocolate cookies topped with a creamy, caramel/coconut/pecan frosting and drizzled with melted chocolate.
- Gingerbread Men. Perfectly spiced, with just the right amount of crunch and softness, these Gingerbread Men Cookies are SO yummy! Make these ahead, and plan a decorating party! A fun activity for people of all ages to enjoy!
- Classic Buttery Spritz Cookies These easy Spritz cookies are a great way to spend some time in the kitchen baking with your kids this holiday season!
- Candy Cane Cookies. These adorable and delicious Candy Cane Cookies are so fun to make and are a Christmas staple for holiday baking!
- ALL COOKIE RECIPES
Want to try this recipe?
Pin it to your favorite Pinterest Boards.
Find me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes!
Chocolate Chip Bread
OPTIONAL (for sprinkling)
- 1.5 oz mini chocolate chips 1/4 cup
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease/flour a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth
- Add the flour mixture and milk to the batter (alternated adding and mixing) until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 50 – 55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Tips & Notes:
Use almond extract in place of vanilla extract
Use half brown, half white sugar for a caramel flavor.
Any milk is fine, I use whole milk of 2% but you can use almond milk, oat milk, soy milk etc.