A super easy dinner, perfect for the busy season. These Italian Meatball Kabobs are a firm family favorite!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carando®. All opinions are entirely my own
You guys, you are about to be SUPER popular with your family with this recipe for Italian Meatball Kabobs. We are in FULL swing of school/homework/activities/chores and errands – and honestly, by the time I’m done with the school run and the homework battle, I’m ready to tap-out and take-out.
IF, however, I stock my fridge with easy dinner options, I can avoid the drive-through, and serve up a delicious meal that my whole family will devour.
Want to know a SURE-fire way to get your kids to eat dinner? Make them HELP! Haha. Or should that be “help”… aka, make you crazy and test your control freak restraint…
I mean… the evidence speaks for itself, doesn’t it?
H is a BIG fan and didn’t even mind the addition of “green stuff” (aka pesto) to the meatballs. My kids LOVE “meat on sticks” (corn dogs, chicken satay, etc.) and Carando® Fresh Italian Style Meatballs might be a new favorite.
Both my kids and husband want to know when I’m making these again (the answer is tomorrow) because they really are THAT easy. I can throw these in the oven while I prep a side and get dinner on the table super-fast. Not all shortcuts are created alike, of course – but these Carando fresh Italian Style Meatballs are a super worthy one. They taste great, are easy to use and the quality is AMAZING.
I stopped in at Winco over the weekend and found these FRESH meatballs in the refrigerated meat aisle and knew they had to be mine!! I couldn’t decide which kind to get (the struggle is real, y’all), and stood there trying to choose for a good 5 minutes. An employee stopped to ask if I needed help finding something – and we ended up discussing the merits of each. Haha. I did manage to settle on 2 flavors – the Abruzzese and the Mozzarella Rustica. Because why not?
Want a coupon? (Of COURSE you do!) Click to Save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Carando® Item
Onto the recipe!
How to make Italian Meatball Kabobs (full recipe below)
- Gather your ingredients. Keep it simple.
- Slice vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Thread meatballs and vegetables onto skewers.
- Bake in oven until fully cooked.
- Brush with pesto (optional)
- Serve with a creamy garlic parmesan risotto
Kylee’s Notes for Italian Meatball Kabobs
- Use any kind of vegetable you love roasted, like zucchini or eggplant.
- Add in some pineapple for a crowd (and kid) pleasing component.
- Use a sundried tomato pesto in place of the basil pesto.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least an hour in water so they don’t burn in the oven!
- Cook the meatballs until they reach 185 degrees F.
- 1 package of meatballs will serve 4 people (3 meatballs each) – I make 3 skewers, one for me, one for the husband and one for the boys to share. Double/triple it for different appetites!
What would YOU make with Fresh Italian Style Meatballs? Hit reply and let me know!
- 12 Carando Abruzzese fresh Italian Style Meatballs (1 package)
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 Tbs basil pesto
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and add a rack to a baking sheet.
Begin by adding a meatball to each skewer, followed by each of the vegetables.
Repeat until skewers are full.
Place skewers on rack on baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, before turning and cooking a further 5 minutes.
Remove and check temperature (needs to be 185).
Brush with basil pesto.