I made this recipe last summer, but just found it in my posts that I didn’t publish yet. Can’t remember why, but it’s good – so here it is.
This recipe is a spin off of a few I have seen around – I took what I liked, and left out what I didn’t – and this is the result!
As you can see, I have a lovely assistant helping me (meet M – my beautiful step-daughter)
- 1 can refrigerated flaky biscuit dough
- 2 apples - peeled cored and cut into 8ths
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to around 350 degrees.
- Separate the biscuits in the can, and then cut them lengthwise so you have 16 circles of dough.
- Wrap each apple slice in one circle of dough
- Put them into a buttered dish.
- Put 1 cup sugar, water, butter and vanilla into a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the apple dumplings, and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixed with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake for around 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.