This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Make short work of breakfast and enjoy this yummy Mixed Berry Smoothie fast! An easy oatmeal smoothie recipe packed with summer berries and fresh flavor.
A few ingredients, a quick whizz in the blender and breakfast is served!
A healthy breakfast smoothie is a great way to start the day, and there’s no easier way to get fruit, tangy yogurt, AND oatmeal into your body than mixing up a quick smoothie in a blender.
The oatmeal (rolled oats) might sound strange, but quick-cooking oats go GREAT in a smoothie. They really help fill you up as well.
We like to use different fruit (pineapple and coconut, mango and peach etc) in our smoothies. Basically, whatever we have on hand is fair game.
If you have too many berries (is there such a thing?) simply throw them in a ziplock bag and freeze. You’ll have the makings of a smoothie anytime you need it.
I like to make smoothies ahead, kind of. I freeze yogurt mixed with honey in mini muffin tins. Then add the right sized portion of fruit and oatmeal to a ziplock, and all I need to do is add milk on the day I need a smoothie.
Why this recipe works
- Easy. Only 5 ingredients.
- Fast. Less than 5 minutes to make.
- Filling. High in protein, This will keep you going til lunch!
You will need High speed blender for this
Kylee’s Notes & FAQs
Add in suggestions
- Peanut butter
- Frozen banana
- Vanilla extract
Any kind of milk can be used. We like almond milk, coconut milk and regular milk in any combination
- Fresh fruit. You can use whatever you have on hand! I keep frozen mixed berries in my freezer, but any fresh or frozen fruit will work well in this recipe!
- Milk (see above for notes)
- Oats. This mixed berry smoothie gets a bump in protein and iron with the addition of oats. If you are gluten-free, be sure to use certified GF oats.
- Honey (or agave, or maple syrup).
- Yogurt. I use greek yogurt, but plain vanilla or unflavored yogurt of any kind will be great. It gives our quick and easy smoothie a delicious creamy texture, and
How to make a Mixed Berry Smoothie:
Add the fresh berries, oatmeal, yogurt, honey and milk to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour your smoothie into a cup, and decorate with fresh berries if you’re feeling fancy.
More delicious breakfast ideas:
- Bacon Sausage Breakfast Sliders – a batch of these breakfast sliders is JUST the thing for the weekend. Breakfast YOUR way with bacon, sausage, egg, and cheese in a soft bun, brushed with garlic-butter… yes, please!
- Easy Blueberry Waffles from Scratch – These waffles are light and fluffy and golden brown – and take just a few minutes to whip up. You can have 4 Belgian sized waffles in about 15 minutes! DIG IN!!
- Vanilla Maple Baked French Toast – Delightfully flavored french toast, topped with a sweet/nutty/crunchy topping, be warned – you will get addicted!!
- Salted Caramel Rolls from Tornadough Alli – these are a surefire hit at the table. Sweet and salty makes this the perfect morning treat.
- All Breakfast Recipes
Mixed Berry Smoothie (Oatmeal Smoothie)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender, and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds to a minute).
- Pour into a glass and decorate, or not.
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.