I love carrots. The toddler does too. The husband likes all vegetables (except asparagus - which I don't understand at all) and thought this was a nice change from steamed vegetables.
Yeah, it's not diet food... but it IS good.
As seen on: www.ilovemydisorganizedlife.com
- 1lb carrots, sliced
- 4Tbs butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3Tbs fresh rosemary (chopped roughly), plus some extra sprigs
- Melt 1Tbs butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and cook until you get some nice brown marks on them - a couple of minutes.
- Remove the carrots to a plate.
- Add remaining butter, and when melted - add the brown sugar and stir until bubbling
- Reduce heat, add carrots, salt and pepper and rosemary and cook covered (stirring) until carrots are cooked to your liking (took about 7 minutes).