Look how EASY this yummy dessert is – I am SO excited to share this recipe with you all! Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry on base topped with brown sugar, pecans, apple…. whipped cream – I mean, what’s not to love,right?
This entire dessert was born from necessity. I had unexpected guests arriving for dinner – SOON – so, threw some extra beans in the chili, made a cornbread to make it all go further – but had nothing to serve for dessert! I grabbed some Puff Pastry Sheets, some apples and got right to work. Ta-da!!
What I love about this is that it is simple ingredients, nothing fancy, and nothing difficult. See? 6 ingredients. BOOM!
We all loved this – it really is perfect for every day AND major holiday celebrations – no one said things had to be complex to be amazing, right? Holidays can be really stressful, take the complication out, and serve something wow-worthy, with very little work!
Look at these pretty apple slices. Hello, Fall! You could use any kind of apple for this – I just happened to have gala apples on the counter, and some Puff Pastry Sheets in the freezer. I generally always have these items (plus hello, brown sugar and pecans, too!)
Hints for making this Brown Sugar Pecan Apple Tart recipe:
- Thaw the Puff Pastry on the counter while you heat the oven, and prep the apples, and we’re in BUSINESS!!
- Cover the Puff Pastry while it thaws, it should only take about 20 mins, and should still be cold to touch
- To get your apple slices perfect and evenly sized, use a mandolin if you have one
- Keep a few chopped pecans handy
for snackingfor topping before serving
- Want a variation? Add raisins! Drizzle with a vanilla glaze!
- Make miniature versions: cut the Puff Pastry into 6-8 even slices, and top/bake as before.
I made this recipe with Puff Pastry – for more ideas/inspiration – check the Pepperidge Farm® website or Pinterest!
Let me show you the simple process for making this Brown Sugar Pecan Apple Tart:
Click over to the website and see what else inspires you! (come back and tell me what floats your boat!!)
Brown Sugar Pecan Apple Tart
A simple yet impressive dessert simple enough for week nights, but fancy enough for holidays! This Brown Sugar Pecan Apple Tart takes just a few minutes to assemble, and around 20 mins to bake!
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry thawed
- 2 small apples
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup whole pecans chopped roughly (divided)
- Whipped cream
- Extra cinnamon
- Extra pecans
- Begin by thawing the Puff Pastry on your counter. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Core the apples, and cut in half. Cut into slices (they should be fairly thin so they cook all the way through – use a mandolin if you have one).
- In a large bowl, combine the cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the apple slices and mix well, making sure each slice is covered. Set aside for 5 minutes. Liquid will form in the bowl.
- Roll out your Puff Pastry to desired size, and using a pizza cutter – cut the edges (to fold over later – see pics)
- Drizzle a little of the liquid from the apples on top, then top with half of the pecans.
- Add the apple slices in even rows, overlapping a little.
- Top with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 425F for 18-22 minutes, or until the edges are a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into slices, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans.