This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Oreo Dirt Pudding made special! Make this classic chocolatey deliciousness into individual servings, for an easy dessert!
I love making individual sized desserts. This recipe is so easy to make and looks like you went to a LOT more effort than you really did. Can’t call that a better win, right?
Well, you could, because these oreo dirt pudding parfaits are SO yummy!
I am able to throw these together in about 15 minutes total and let them hang out in the fridge until dessert time, but I have been known to just make it while my kids dawdle over dinner.
It’s entirely possible to make just half the recipe, in case you don’t want like 6 desserts hanging out in your fridge just staring at you, begging you to eat them.
Not that it’s a problem for me, of course… I have willpower* and am a superhero*Love Oreo Dirt Pudding Parfaits? Tweet it!
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention – this is NOT diet food. I mean I GET that it’s January and you have New Year’s Resolutions, but VALENTINE’S DAY IS COMING, PEOPLE!
Ahem. Sorry. I get excited about dessert. If you love individual desserts, you’ll also love Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse.
How to make Oreo Dirt Pudding Parfaits
- Begin by making the chocolate pudding, it needs to set up in the fridge for a little while first.
- Next, smash up some oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag. You can also use a food processor, but… smashing Oreos in a bag is kind of fun.
- Set aside about half a cup for sprinkling.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter, and divide among 6 jars, glasses or cups.
- Beat half the cool whip, the cream cheese, and powdered sugar together until fully blended.
- Dollop (love that word) on top of the cookie crumbs in each glass, and smooth a little.
- Top with chocolate pudding, and smooth a little.
- Add the cool whip to each glass, and then sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
- Refrigerate until dessert time.
Kylee’s Notes for Oreo Dirt Pudding
- Make a vanilla version! Use the golden oreos, and make vanilla (or banana pudding) and keep other ingredients the same.
- Don’t have 6 glasses? Use one big dish, and layer it all up in one big dish of deliciousness, and use a spoon to serve individual portions.
- Make this ahead, this will keep in the fridge for a few days. But I would recommend waiting til serving time to sprinkle the cookie crumbs.
Want more dessert recipes? Of course you do!!
Oreo Dirt Pudding Parfaits
- 5.9 oz chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2.5 cups milk
- 36 oreo cookies (one regular sized package)
- 2 oz butter melted
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Begin by making the chocolate pudding (mix the pudding mix with the milk). Set aside in the refrigerator to set up (5 mins).
- Crush the oreos in a food processor, or Ziploc bag and rolling pin, set aside about half a cup for sprinkling.
- Mix the remaining cookie crumbs with the melted butter, and divide among 8 jars, glasses or cups.
- Tamp down (I use a shot glass) to form a crust.
- Beat half the whipped topping, cream cheese and powdered sugar together until fully blended.
- Dollop on top of the cookie crumbs in each glass and smooth a little.
- Top with chocolate pudding and smooth a little.
- Add the remaining whipped topping to each glass, and then sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
- Refrigerate until dessert time.
*neither of these statements are even a little bit true 🙂