This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Oreo Dirt Pudding made special! Make this classic chocolatey deliciousness into individual servings, for an easy dessert!
I love making individual sized desserts. This recipe is so easy to make and looks like you went to a LOT more effort than you really did. Can’t call that a better win, right?
Well, you could, because these oreo dirt pudding parfaits are SO yummy!
I am able to throw these together in about 15 minutes total and let them hang out in the fridge until dessert time, but I have been known to just make it while my kids dawdle over dinner.
It’s entirely possible to make just half the recipe, in case you don’t want like 6 desserts hanging out in your fridge just staring at you, begging you to eat them.
Not that it’s a problem for me, of course… I have willpower* and am a superhero*Love Oreo Dirt Pudding Parfaits? Tweet it!
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention – this is NOT diet food. I mean I GET that it’s January and you have New Year’s Resolutions, but VALENTINE’S DAY IS COMING, PEOPLE!
Ahem. Sorry. I get excited about dessert. If you love individual desserts, you’ll also love Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse.
How to make Oreo Dirt Pudding Parfaits
- Begin by making the chocolate pudding, it needs to set up in the fridge for a little while first.
- Next, smash up some oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag. You can also use a food processor, but… smashing Oreos in a bag is kind of fun.
- Set aside about half a cup for sprinkling.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter, and divide among 6 jars, glasses or cups.
- Beat half the cool whip, the cream cheese, and powdered sugar together until fully blended.
- Dollop (love that word) on top of the cookie crumbs in each glass, and smooth a little.
- Top with chocolate pudding, and smooth a little.
- Add the cool whip to each glass, and then sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
- Refrigerate until dessert time.
Kylee’s Notes for Oreo Dirt Pudding
- Make a vanilla version! Use the golden oreos, and make vanilla (or banana pudding) and keep other ingredients the same.
- Don’t have 6 glasses? Use one big dish, and layer it all up in one big dish of deliciousness, and use a spoon to serve individual portions.
- Make this ahead, this will keep in the fridge for a few days. But I would recommend waiting til serving time to sprinkle the cookie crumbs.
Want more dessert recipes? Of course you do!!
- 5.9 oz chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2.5 cups milk
- 36 oreo cookies (one regular sized package)
- 2 oz butter melted
- 16 oz whipped topping
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Begin by making the chocolate pudding (mix the pudding mix with the milk). Set aside in the refrigerator to set up (5 mins).
- Crush the oreos in a food processor, or Ziploc bag and rolling pin, set aside about half a cup for sprinkling.
Mix the remaining cookie crumbs with the melted butter, and divide among 8 jars, glasses or cups.
Tamp down (I use a shot glass) to form a crust.
- Beat half the whipped topping, cream cheese and powdered sugar together until fully blended.
Dollop on top of the cookie crumbs in each glass and smooth a little.
- Top with chocolate pudding and smooth a little.
- Add the remaining whipped topping to each glass, and then sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
- Refrigerate until dessert time.
*neither of these statements are even a little bit true 🙂