This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
How about this Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse? It’s creamy, decadent, rich and it ABSOLUTELY hits the spot after dinner.
Need a really easy, really tasty and impressive dessert for a special occasion (a Tuesday night totally counts)?
I’m all about booze in food, and especially my desserts. This is a lovely after dinner treat that will delight dinner guests, or… just you if you decide not to share! Hehe.
This is SUPER easy (yay!) and comes together very quickly. In fact, the first time I made this, The Husband went outside to swim with the boys, while I whipped this up and put in the fridge to set. I then joined them in the pool. After we were done swimming, and eating dinner – these were ready to be devoured… AFTER the boys were in bed, of course! Ha, no really.
We stashed these in the fridge because we didn’t want to have to share with the boys. I mean, all that alcohol… and chocolate… and deliciousness… This is an excellent choice to make for a dinner party because it’s all done ahead. All you have to do after dinner is grab these, add some whipped cream and shave/grate some chocolate over the top. You’re so welcome!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Before you begin, prep bowl and beaters by placing in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Mix the gelatin into the cold water in small bowl and let sit about a minute, to soften/gel.
- Add boiling water then stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let stand to cool (it will resemble a thick paste).
- Combine the sugar and cocoa in small mixing bowl and add the heavy cream.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add in Bailey’s, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating continuously at high speed until well blended (soft peaks).
- Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate for about an hour, or until you can’t wait any longer. I mean YOU ARE READY TO SERVE.
- Just before serving, add some whipped cream and chocolate shavings to the top.