This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Full Disclosure Policy.
Espresso Chocolate Mousse: Coffee and chocolate blend perfectly and it’s just 5 ingredients! Perfect for making ahead, and enjoying after dinner.
Growing up in New Zealand, when in a restaurant for dinner – it’s rare to not be offered coffee or drinks after dinner and/or dessert. I actually love to finish off a good meal with a strong black espresso, and miss being offered that in the US!
I love chocolate. I love coffee.
Today, I’m combining both dessert and coffee – it’s the best of both worlds! This Espresso Chocolate Mousse is just the right amount of sweet. The chocolate of course, is sweet – but is balanced by the coffee flavor. It’s delicate, yet bold enough that you know it’s there, and, well, it’s kind of perfect, actually.
I love having this Espresso Mousse hanging out in the fridge for a wonderful finish to a dinner. Because it’s made ahead, there’s nothing to do, but grab a spoon, maybe a garnish, and you’re done!
It’s perfect for when you have people over, the more you can do ahead, the more time you can spend with guests.
Truth be told, though – I make this just for the husband and me. After the kids are in bed, we sit on the couch and chill – and share a sweet treat. It’s a great way to wind down from the day. There isn’t enough caffeine in it to keep us up, but the delicious flavor can still be enjoyed.
Making Espresso Chocolate Mousse ahead
You don’t have to plan TOO far ahead for this – just an hour or so, or even make it the day before.
It looks like this before refrigerating – kind of like a pudding.
and like this AFTER – all mousse-like and delish!
See the difference a little time in the fridge makes?
This recipe will make about 6 servings – but it’s easy to double, triple or quadruple for a bigger party.
Want more chocolate recipes? Of course you do!
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
5 Ingredient Chocolate Espresso Mousse
- Melt the chocolate (either a bowl over boiling water, or in small increments in the microwave).
- In a saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, espresso granules, 4 tablespoons of the sugar, and ¾ cup of the cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula for 2 minutes, until the coffee dissolves and is blended completely. The color will be a caramel brown.
- Add the mixture, to the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Beat the remaining cream and sugar until stiff.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the fridge, and whisk a little until smooth and mix-able, then fold the whipped cream in.
- Divide mousse into serving cups, or bowls, and chill until needed (at least an hour).
- Decorate with whatever you like (whipped cream, chocolate covered coffee beans, chocolate shavings… or not at all!
Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration.