This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Kahlua Cheesecake – a rich chocolate mousse-like cheesecake, blended with Kahlua, on a chocolate cookie base. Oh, my.
Want more easy cheesecake recipes? Of course you do!
- 11 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- whipped cream
- extra cookie crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease the cheesecake pan, set aside
- Crush the cookies either using a food processor, or a ziplock bag and rolling pin. You want them to be fairly finely crushed!
- Combine the melted butter and cookie crumbs, then add to the cheesecake pan wells evenly. Press down (a shot glass, or a small bottle) so it is firmly packed.
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while you make the filling.
- Reduce the oven temp to 250F
- Melt chocolate and set aside
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well mixed (and not lumpy)
- Add the chocolate and kahlua and beat until very well blended.
- Fill the cheesecake wells about 3/4 full (can use a ziploc bag with a corner cut off for easy work!)
- Bake until the filling just sets - about 25 minutes.
- Cool the pan to room temperature, then put the pan in the fridge to chill thoroughly (about 2-3 hours)
Remove from the pan, and garnish with some whipped cream and cookie crumbs (or cocoa powder)